This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
August 19, 2019 at 9:19 am #4414831

Neil Gauld

Hi,
We have translated a page on our test site using WPML (via Hub to us). We have then added extra text to the page and sent for translation again. We have discovered WPML has sent the whole page for translation again, I thought WPML was only supposed to send the new text?

August 19, 2019 at 10:06 am #4415065

Neil Gauld

Where is the translation memory option in WPML?

August 19, 2019 at 12:56 pm #4416185

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

It's under WPML > Settings > How to translate posts and pages, Under the title Translation memory for strings, Screenshot attached.

Also, make sure to enable the memory in the translation service. So that only the updated texts are translated.

August 19, 2019 at 1:04 pm #4416265

Neil Gauld

This is already checked, but I don't understand how this works in that case. I thought WPML only sent untranslated text to the hub, but even if it has the Translation memory option turned on it still sends all the text?

August 20, 2019 at 4:09 am #4420469

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

WPML will send all the contents of the page for translation the key here is you should ask the TS to use the translation memory to re-translate without extra cost and only the new contents are charged, then re-deliver the content to your site.

Almost all the translation services use translation memory including Brighlines translation here is a brief article from their blog on how translation memory works hidden link

Quoting from the above article

Using translation memory, your translation team can recycle the existing, pre-approved translations and focus on the new content. So you only pay for the new stuff. Magic.

I hope this helps you better.

Kind regards
Raja

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation updates’ is closed to new replies.