This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by draganK-2 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
July 5, 2019 at 11:16 am

draganK-2

I am trying to:
Translate pages with translation management

I expected to see:
Page edit screen

Instead, I got:
An error

When I try to add a translation of a page from WP Pages, I get the "experiencing technical difficulties" and can't work on any of the pages.
When I go to WPML settiings, it shows the notice that the plugins are not up to date (screenshot included), but when I go to the Plugins page you can see all of the plugins are updated to the latest version.

Any ideas what is happening?

July 5, 2019 at 11:45 am #4150917

draganK-2

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 12:44 PM
Subject: [Zequester] Your Site is Experiencing a Technical Issue
To: <zequester@gmail.com>

Howdy!

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, WPML Multilingual CMS.

First, visit your website (hidden link) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (hidden link) and check for any visible issues.

Please contact your host for assistance with investigating this issue further.

If your site appears broken and you can't access your dashboard normally, WordPress now has a special "recovery mode". This lets you safely login to your dashboard and investigate further.

hidden link

To keep your site safe, this link will expire in 1 day. Don't worry about that, though: a new link will be emailed to you if the error occurs again after it expires.

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 1120 of the file /home/edumedia/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/translation-management/translation-management.class.php. Error message: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to TranslationManagement::send_jobs() must be an instance of WPML_TM_Translation_Batch, array given, called in /home/edumedia/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/class-wpml-translation-job-factory.php on line 91 and defined in /home/edumedia/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/translation-management/translation-management.class.php:1120
Stack trace:
#0 /home/edumedia/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/class-wpml-translation-job-factory.php(91): TranslationManagement->send_jobs(Array)
#1 /home/edumedia/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/class-wpml-translation-job-factory.php(55): WPML_Translation_Job_Factory->create_local_job('2727', 'en', NULL)
#2 /home/edumedia/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/menu/translation-queue/class-wpml-translations-queue.php(529): WPML_Translation_Job_Factory->create_local_post_job('2727', 'en'

July 5, 2019 at 1:51 pm #4151759

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

I have just checked your site. Could you please check the below information:

1. In your site, the memory limit of WordPress is set to 40MB. The minimum requirement for WPML is at least 128MB. You can read more details here: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

2. Also the PHP extension "mbstring" is showing as not loaded. It's required for WPML String Translation to work properly. Could you please install the same?

3. You are currently using the older version of WPML & the addon plugins. Also, the String Translation & Translation Management versions are not matching. Could you please navigate to the Plugin Commercial Tab & try to update the WPML & the add-on plugins from there?

If the issue is still not resolved after doing the above steps, could you please try to Unregister WPML from the site & register again?

Please let us know if you any doubts.

Thanks,
Rohan

July 8, 2019 at 6:41 am #4159329

draganK-2

Thank you!

We haven't changed any of the settings on the server, but apparently the settings did change, most likely due to the hosting company maintenance. I was able to update the plugins from the Commercial Tab. Now everything is working again.