We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

ClassiPress theme - Single Listing Custom Fields widget does not show on the translated page.

Solution:

Make sure that in Appearance -> Widgets -> Single Listing - Main Content sidebar the 'ClassiPress - Single Listing Custom Fields' widget is set to 'All Languages'.

This topic contains 29 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by henryM-3 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 6, 2019 at 6:38 pm #3752129

henryM-3

I am trying to:I am using ClassiPress, WooCommerce and WPML and I am trying to translate the custom field for the Ad in ClassiPress. Firstly, I want to translate the custom fields so it woun't have to be done manually. I cannot find those strings in the admin strings. Secondly, the images of the original ad are not translating to the translated ad.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see: See the custom field strings in the admin strings and the original ad be translated to the second language with the photos

Instead, I got: Couldn't find the custom fields and the images are not translating

May 6, 2019 at 8:50 pm #3752661

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

The ClassiPress theme by AppThemes is compatible with WPML.
https://wpml.org/theme/classipress/

Are those custom fields that you are trying to translate set to be translatable?
Please read in our documentation about translating custom fields.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

Are the missing images duplicated to the other language?
Please read our documentation on how to show images in other languages or translated the images.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/#media-translation-settings

Please let me know if this information is helping you to solve the problem.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 6, 2019 at 9:44 pm #3752823
henryM-3

I can answer yes to your questions. Right after I sent the support ticket, the custom fields appeared, but they do not appear in the original ad published in English. I am also having other issues related to the translation

1. unable to change the Featured Listing heading text on the homepage even though it is translated.
2. The Featured/Sold ad color doesn't appear on the translated ad on the Spanish homepage.
3. The Additional Information about the ads no longer appears on the English ad page.
4. The Buy My Hair button has disappeared from the active ads.

I have deactivated all the plugins and activated them one at a time to see if that would restore the pages, but that didn't work either.

May 8, 2019 at 9:21 am #3764947

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

It seems to be a compatibility issue with the ClassiPress theme. This theme was last tested about three years ago so maybe things have changed and our compatibility team needs to test it again. I can see that recently we've had another report about an issue with the ClassiPress theme. You can see it here.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/i-want-custom-hierarchy-taxonomy-arrangement-order-2/page/3/
So to proceed with this issue and escalate it to our compatibility team, we need to replicate it on a clean WordPress installation. For this, I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link
Through this link, you will be automatically logged in. (If nobody logs in the test site will be available for one week from today.)
I've already installed the ClassPress theme on this site. So please see if the issue is replicable on a clean WordPress installation. And then please explain to me how can replicate it step by step. Please configures WPML as it is configured on your site.

For now, let's focus on the ad custom fields issue and not the other issues that you bring.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 8, 2019 at 10:34 am #3765619

henryM-3

Do you want me to rebuild the entire site on the demo? This would be very time consuming. Would it be easier to send a duplicate of the site?

May 8, 2019 at 11:31 am #3765985

henryM-3

I have found the issue. I deleted the Classipress - Single listing Map and Contact info widget from the Single listing Sidebar. That is what broke it. When I reinstalled the widget, it remained broken.

May 9, 2019 at 8:14 pm #3779257

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

I'm glad that you have found the cause of the issue. I do not want you to build the entire site on the test site. I only want you to replicate this issue on the test site which is a fresh WordPress installation. This way we could be sure that this is a compatibility issue. Please understand that I'm not familiar with the ClassiPress theme. So if you can do replicate the issue on the test site and then explain to me how to be able to replicate it again, that would be the best.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 9, 2019 at 9:52 pm #3779499

henryM-3

What you have to do is
- create an ad in English.
- Then translate the ad.
- After you have translated the ad go to the widgets and open the single list sidebar widget page widget and de activate the listing page map and contact information widget.
- next open the English version of the ad and click the language switcher to switch to the Spanish translation and the additional information doesn't display.

I have also noticed that when you switch between the English and Spanish for the create an ad form, the form that I created does not load in the Spanish translation.

May 12, 2019 at 6:43 pm #3793551

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the detailed steps.

I could replicate the problem on the test site, and I've escalated this issue to our compatibility team. The description of the issue is: 'Single Listing Custom Fields widget does not show on the translated page'. When I have new about this issue from our compatibility team, I'll let you know here.

For the other issues, I've created a new ticket.

Thank you for your patience.
Itamar.

May 14, 2019 at 6:51 pm #3810025

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Our compatibility developer has checked the issue and found out that the bridge plugin for WPML and the ClassiPress theme (created by the ClassiPress developers) was not installed on your site. Here is what you need to do. Go to hidden link and download the WPML bridge plugin and install it. Once activated, go to Ad -> Forms and edit the form then choose the translated category. This will fix the issue.

Please let me know if it is working for you.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 14, 2019 at 8:14 pm #3810491

henryM-3

I have add that plugin and activated it and the additional information categories still do not appear on the Spanish page. i have tried clearing my browser cache and still noting.

May 15, 2019 at 4:26 pm #3818773

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for trying the suggestion of our compatibility developer.

This is weird that it is not working for you. When I try it here on the test site, it is working for me. hidden link

Could you please let me have access to your site and explain to me which ad is not working?
Please let me know which form is assigned to this ad, and which category.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 15, 2019 at 5:39 pm #3819187

henryM-3

Here are login credentials

hidden link
--removed by supporter--

May 15, 2019 at 6:46 pm #3819643

henryM-3

There is only one ad category, Hair for sale and it should be translated to Cabello para Venta. The two ads that were created do not show the details.

May 16, 2019 at 10:27 pm #3829593

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the access details.

I've checked things on your site and couldn't find why it is not working.
I'm consulting our compatibility developer about this issue.
I'll keep you updated here.

Thanks,
Itamar.