This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.32 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alexanderW-44 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
August 20, 2019 at 8:23 pm

alexanderW-44

hidden link

I am trying to translate items in my Divi header. Although the translations are available and I am able to edit these translations, they do not appear on the translated page, they just show the English version. Eg the links and name icons next to the hamburger menu are wrong in German and Portuguese even though they are saved correctly in Divi. Please note the name of this layout is main menu and can be accessed hidden link

I created a test page hidden link to show the difference between the same layouut in the header and on the page.

Please could you access my site and figure out why this is happening.

Should you need any other info, please feel free to let me know.

August 21, 2019 at 3:16 pm #4432747

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I took a detailed look in your website and noticed you didn't assign your translated header to your page and this is why you never see its translated version when viewing it in your website frontend. Here is what I did to fix it:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > Pages I clicked to edit your homepage, then I change to its portuguese translation using the top admin bar language switcher.

2 - Then, I assigned your translated header to this page using the 'Mhmm' box from your page settings. See attached screenshot.

You can confirm the results at: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional instructions and clarifications, have a nice day.

August 22, 2019 at 4:54 am #4436307

alexanderW-44

Thank you Marcos! 🙂