This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Translated text - "Follow us" and translated block which appears above the footer (Newsletter subscription) not possible to translate. Elementor Content Block is translated.

Solution: It seems it was a Theme issue. Theme Support manages to solve the problem.

0% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Sinisa 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
June 28, 2019 at 7:16 am

Sinisa

I am trying to:
I have translated the whole Site, and everything looks fine, except two details.
I am sending you 3 screenshots.On 2 of them you can see what it's not translated, and one of them ("not translated - admin.png") shows where that Seaction (the whole "block") appears in the WP admin panel - so you will be able to see it's translated (but that translation doesn't shows up on the front page).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see:
Translated text - "Follow us" and translated block which appears above the footer (Newsletter subscription).

Instead, I got:
Original (non-translated) text.

P.S. If you won't be able to connect by FTP, you can use same user name and password for login to cPanel: hidden link and work on files by File Manager (in cpanel).

Thank you.
Kindest regards,

Sinisa S.

June 28, 2019 at 4:51 pm #4109525

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Sinisa,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Your Theme uses custom shortcodes for these elements. For this, you need to create a custom XML config where you tell WPML what do to with these elements. Our Translation Management Add-On plugin is mandatory for this process, so I installed it already on your site.

Here is our documentation for the language configuration file: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/
ow.

The XML need to be added at WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration. Don't forget to open your translated modules to resave the translation of each language.

Please let me know if it worked for you or if you need further assistance.

Best
Marcel

July 1, 2019 at 3:10 pm #4120571

Sinisa

Hello Marcel,

Thank you for feedback. I have just read: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/ and according the explantion I am trying to create xml file in Custom XML Configuration tab in WPML settings.

When I open "Subscribe" Section (mentioned in my previous message) in Classic editor, I see following code (shortcodes):

[vc_section][vc_row][vc_column width="1/2" offset="vc_col-lg-4 vc_col-md-6 vc_hidden-md vc_hidden-sm vc_hidden-xs"][like_sc_header type="h4" subtype="h6" subheader="Sign up for special offers" header="Subscribe our newsletter" style="header-subheader" color="black" subcolor="main" align="left" size="default" transform="default" sr="default" href="" icon="icon-dove" image="" icon_bg="transparent" size_px="" use_theme_fonts="yes" google_fonts="" id="" class="" css=""][/vc_column][vc_column offset="vc_col-lg-5 vc_col-md-6"][vc_column_text][mc4wp_form id="806"][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/2" text_align="right-lg" offset="vc_col-lg-3 vc_col-md-6 vc_hidden-sm vc_hidden-xs"][vc_column_text][ltx-social text-before="Follow us"][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][/vc_section]

I have to translate "subheader", "header" and "text-before", so I tried to create xml file using following code:

<shortcodes>
<shortcode>
<tag>like_sc_header</tag>
<attributes>
<attribute>subheader</attribute>
<attribute>header</attribute>
</attributes>
</shortcode>
<shortcode>
<tag>ltx-social</tag>
<attributes>
<attribute>text-before</attribute>
</attributes>
</shortcode>
</shortcodes>

However, WPML doesn't accept that code, and it writes error:

"The XML is not valid:
Element 'shortcodes': No matching global declaration available for the validation root."
(I am sending the screenshot).

That's a bit weird, because "shortcodes" are code which is mentioned in documentation here: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

Am I missing something? Do you know I did mistake?

Thank you very much.
Kindest regards,

Sinisa S.

July 1, 2019 at 4:14 pm #4121125

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Sinisa,

you are missing the opening and closing from the XML.
This is the correct syntax, I added it already on your site:

<wpml-config>
    <shortcodes>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>like_sc_header</tag>
            <attributes>
                <attribute>subheader</attribute>
                <attribute>header</attribute>
            </attributes>
        </shortcode>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>ltx-social</tag>
            <attributes>
                <attribute>text-before</attribute>
            </attributes>
        </shortcode>
    </shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

Can you please test the problem with this XML?

Best
Marcel

July 3, 2019 at 2:00 pm #4137189

Sinisa

Hello Marcel,

Thank you for response. However, I am confused because I am not sure what to do now. I mean, now I am trying to find those elements in "Theme and plugin localization" and "String translation", but there is nothing like that.
I am sending the screenshot so you can see what I mean. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong in this step, or we miss something in previous step (during xml creation).

This is first time that I use xml file in WPML, and I don't know the correct steps (although I read documentation on URL mentions in my previous message).
Maybe it would be good to write somewhere just simple steps.

Thank you very much.
Regards,

Sinisa S.

July 4, 2019 at 4:15 pm #4145311

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Sinisa,

sorry, I didn't write any simpler steps as the way how you did it was already correct, so there was nothing to double check or follow.

When I check the element over the widget link under Sections hidden link you see that the translation process was working. But I'm not sure why this is not shown on Home. I'm also wondering more why this element doesn't show the text anymore like on your screenshot even on the English page.

I recreated your manual translation using the WPML translation editor, but this also doesn't bring the text back on Home.

May you changed something in the meantime? To be sure that I'm not searching at the wrong place. Please let me know.

Thanks
Best Marcel

July 5, 2019 at 3:57 am #4147437

Sinisa

Hello Marcel,

No, nothing has been changed meanwhile. Those stranslations I made in Sections itself. At URL here: hidden link
in fact, I made translation just for German language (didn't finish for Italian, because it doesn't shows up on front page, anyway). But that has been done earlier (before I contact you - I thought I can do translation that way).

Kindest regards,

Sinisa S.

July 7, 2019 at 6:58 am #4157255

Sinisa

Hello,
When I can expect any new feedback about this issue?
Thank you.

Sinisa S.

July 8, 2019 at 10:09 am #4160843

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Sinisa,

I'm working on it. Could you also please update the WPBakery Page Builder? In the meanwhile, I will clone your site and run a debugging on the element. Thank You.

Best Marcel

July 8, 2019 at 10:18 am #4160963

Sinisa

Hi Marcel,
Unfortunatelly, I can't update WPBakery Page Builder because that plugin comes with theme, and there is no new theme update yet.

Kindest regards,

Sinisa S.

July 8, 2019 at 1:14 pm #4162739

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Sinisa,

thanks for the info. I tested now everything again on a separate site copy on our Cloudways server.

I forwarded your case now to our 2nd Tier. I can't see any mistake in your confirmation or XML config. I also double-checked the XML-config with an internal tool and can confirm that it's correct.

I will update you ASAP as I get feedback.

Best Marcel

July 8, 2019 at 1:17 pm #4162759

Sinisa

Thank you Marcel.
Regards,

Sinisa S.

July 8, 2019 at 1:29 pm #4162923

Marcel
Supporter

(Internal Status Change)

July 10, 2019 at 2:04 pm #4181173

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Sinisa,

I recommend you to contact also the Theme author for feedback.
Please give him the following information.

- Widget Translation via WPML Translation Editor works on hidden link but not on Home
- Widget Translation via Manual Translation also works on hidden link, but not on Home
When I open the /de?sections=subscribe It's working correctly, so no problems with max_input_vars or any other config.
- Our workaround would be to create two Widgets, one in German and one in English over Appearance -> Widgets. As the Widget position is defined in Sections (Above Footer), I can't move the Widget to the correct position, as this is defined in your Theme.

Please let me know once you get a feedback

Best
Marcel

July 17, 2019 at 9:32 am #4228227

Sinisa

Hello Marcel,

Thank you very much. It seems it was theme issue. Theme Support manage to solve that problem.

Kindest regards,

Sinisa S.