This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by christianE-25 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 1, 2019 at 1:28 pm #4672419

christianE-25

Hey,

A week ago or so I have added German and Swedish translations to the main pages of our website.

I have just noticed that the main hidden link page displays english language on german and swedish pages even though they both were translated and all was working properly. Right now it seems like translations disappeared.

Please explain what's going on.

/Jolita

October 1, 2019 at 4:47 pm #4674159

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Please go to Pages->Edit home page and verify with me that the translations currently exist.

After verifying the translation exists to use the language switcher in the top header and switch to the secondary language.

While in the edit screen of the secondary language please review the top right corner and let me know if you see a button to "translate independently".

WPML by itself would not overwrite translations unless it was done manually by overwriting the translation with the default language which is English.

October 3, 2019 at 8:20 am #4685697

christianE-25

Hi Bobby,

The translations were there, but they are gone now.

The page was translated, my German colleague approved that. I have also seen the translation as I was the one adding it there. All was fine. The page was published and it was in German, also in Swedish.

Now, these both translations are gone, even though there were no changes since the page was published.

How is this even possible?

Please advise.

/Jolita

October 3, 2019 at 9:02 am #4686013

christianE-25

Ok.

In the revisions section I found the translated German version of our homepage.

I have reviewed it, all was well. I clicked to restore this version. Once I did that, it converted to English language again. Even though it supposed to be the german one. And I saw with my own eyes that it's German and the content was there, but it's gone again.

Please advise.

/Jolita

October 3, 2019 at 9:05 am #4686033

christianE-25

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!