Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nicolas 7 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Harshad.

Author Posts
December 19, 2012 at 12:38 am #91797

Nicolas

After creating a post and its translation, if I change the author (I'm and admin and I need to post on behalf of another user), the translation is disconnected from the original and I can't reconnect the posts. I tried creating the original, saving as draft, changing the autor and then creating the translation, the translation has a different author AND it is disconnected from the original. This makes it impossible to post translated posts on behalf of another user.

Please help.

December 19, 2012 at 1:09 am #91800

Nicolas

I noticed that I cannot edit after I schedule the posts, the original and its translation get disconnected and I can't reconnect them.

December 19, 2012 at 4:56 am #91803

Harshad

Dear Nicolas,

Can you please let us know the WPML CMS and Translation Management plugin versions you have installed?

December 22, 2012 at 12:14 am #92750

Nicolas

WPML 2.6.2 / WP 3.4.2

I think I figured out what happens. There is no error, the posts are connected, but the preview does not work properly unless the current user is the author of both posts, the original and the translation. That is, when in preview mode, if one or both of the posts are not owned by the current user, switching from one language to the other is likely to fail.

No action is required at the moment, but it would be great if you fix this, it took me several hours to figure out what was happening