This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I cannot display the translations completed in the Advanced Translation Editor although in the settings I have selected "Use WPML's Advanced Translation Editor" and I have synchronized the content. The translations are visible in the ATE but are not displayed on the website.

Solution: Make a small change to the original page, update the translation, and check again the translated page.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lisaV-3 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
September 17, 2019 at 6:52 pm

lisaV-3

I am trying to: I cannot display the translations completed in the Advanced Translation Editor although in the settings I have selected "Use WPML's Advanced Translation Editor" and I have synchronized the content. The translations are visible in the ATE but are not displayed on the website.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Affects alls pages, but for example: hidden link

I expected to see: Text in English

Instead, I got: Text in German (which is the original language)

September 19, 2019 at 6:40 am #4601701

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Lisa,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I checked all the settings, looked for all the documentation about using BeTheme with WPML (like hidden link or https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/create-multilingual-wordpress-websites-using-betheme-and-wpml/), and everything that you've done should've worked very well.

In this case, is there any chance that you could send me a copy of the BeTheme so I can create a website with it and test this out, please? Just upload the archive to Google Drive or Dropbox (the links won't be publicly visible). I'm sure we'll be able to sort this out together.

Thanks,
Radu

September 22, 2019 at 7:05 am #4617381

lisaV-3

Hi Radu, thanks for looking into it. Sure - here is a copy of the theme: hidden link
I think it works without a new purchase code, it just doesn't update the theme.

September 23, 2019 at 3:14 pm #4625367

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Lisa,

Can you check the translation of the Impressum page now, please? I just edited the original page, added a point at the end of the phone number, updated the translation (to make sure that it's translated 100%), and then checked everything in the frontend. Once I did this, things went back to normal. Can you have a look, please?

Thanks,
Radu

September 24, 2019 at 7:08 am #4628501

lisaV-3

Thank you so much - this works for the other pages too, great! 🙂
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!