This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
April 25, 2019 at 9:34 am #3680539

camillaP

I am trying to:
I got my site translated by a translation company and they translated the content.
Now I want to implement it on my site, some content (the content which says "completed") I can see, but other content (the content that says "needs update") I can't see and the translations doesn't appear.

Please see attached photos.

I already tried to click the "check status and get translations" but it doesn't work and now I can't click on the button anymore...

What to do?

April 25, 2019 at 11:56 am #3681985

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi, and thanks for contacting our support forum.

Could you please provide me with temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to check why these jobs can't be fetched to your site. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

+ Please make sure that you have a full backup of your website and database. (Please don't ignore this)!

Best Regards.

April 26, 2019 at 1:21 pm #3690945

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I have checked the site and as I have a doubt that your memory limit is the reason for the issue. If you go to WPML -> Support, you will see that the memory limit is set to be 40M which is not enough, so could you please add the following code in your ‘wp-config.php’ file to increase your PHP Memory Limit to 512 MB.

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');

Then try again to download the jobs and let me know if it worked.

Best regards.

April 29, 2019 at 6:58 am #3700403

camillaP

Hi,

I increased the memory and it still does not work - and it changed nothing. Can you come up with another solution? There are still several translations that doesn't show...
Thank you.

Best regards

April 29, 2019 at 10:26 am #3702075

camillaP

Update: I put in all the site translations manually. Now it is only the translations for "Products" that doesn't show get implemented and the problem remains the same.

April 30, 2019 at 9:14 am #3709937

camillaP

Hello Ahmed, did you find a solution?

April 30, 2019 at 10:40 am #3710383

Sumit
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

I am Sumit. Ahmed is off so I will help you with this ticket.

Sometimes, after sending content for translation the page is modified so status is not correct.
Could you please update the original page/product then send the content again?

The translation service completes the translation using Translation memory and the rest of the new strings (if any) will be translated.
They should charge only for the new strings and existing strings will be translated using translation memory.

Could you please confirm this with Translation service and then resend for translation?

Thanks

April 30, 2019 at 10:43 am #3710389

camillaP

Hello Sumit,

Thank you for trying to help me. But it sounds like a very time consuming solution, is that really the only thing I can do??????
I edited the products while the translator translated - but I only changed the pictures, not the text.

My translator send the files again yesterday - hoping it would help, but it did not.

April 30, 2019 at 10:52 am #3710439

camillaP

Even the sides/products that looks like they are translated (see image below) are actually not translated and when I click at the product or try to see the translation, nothing appears...

April 30, 2019 at 11:16 am #3710571

Sumit
Supporter

Hi,

Actually anything changes in the original content change the status for translation.
There is a checkbox to prevent this you can always click that when you don't want the translation to be updated. (Please see the screenshot)

Could you please try sending the one problematic post for translation just to see if this is the issue? Is it possible for you?

I will check the product issue once we find the solution for needs update posts.

Thanks

April 30, 2019 at 11:25 am #3710639

camillaP

Hello, thank you for the answer.
Which post should I send to translation? I have manually put in all the translations for all pages and now it is only the products that needs to be retrieved. Should I send one of the products to my translator again or what do you mean?

Besides, I cannot find the checkbox you are reffering to... Where is it?

Regards

April 30, 2019 at 12:50 pm #3711083

Sumit
Supporter

Hi,

I am sorry this seems to be an issue between the WPML and Translation proxy.
So I have escalated this issue to my team. I will update you as soon as we find a solution.

Thank you for your patience.

April 30, 2019 at 1:00 pm #3711189

camillaP

Thank you Sumit! I hope you will find out soon, I am approaching my deadline.

May 2, 2019 at 12:02 pm #3724305

Sumit
Supporter

Hi,

Our team is checking the issue but they noticed that translation is fine on front-end hidden link

Could you please let me know another example of the product so we can check the issue?

Thanks

May 2, 2019 at 12:05 pm #3724323

camillaP

Hi Sumit,

I just finished translating all the products manually because I couldn't wait on the support anymore.