This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
April 18, 2019 at 12:35 pm

hugoC-4

I am trying to:
1) Accept a translation from PT to FR;
2) Visit the Product page in FR.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
1) hidden link
2) hidden link

I expected to see:
1) A translated to French page;
2) A page with all my categories with images.

Instead, I got:
1) hidden link
2) hidden link

April 19, 2019 at 12:35 am #3642221

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us.

About the first issue, I fixed the problem by sending the product page for translation again in WPML> Translation Management and then in WPML> Translations, I went to ATE and saved the translation again.

After that, the page was displayed correctly: hidden link

About the second issue, may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your new question? According to our guidelines, only one issue per topic is allowed. Also, this will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

April 19, 2019 at 10:30 am #3644927

hugoC-4

Hello Bruno, thanks for the help.

One thing that for me isn't clear yet:

1) How did you send the page for translation? ("sending the product page for translation again in WPML");

2) I have to follow your procedure for all the remaining pages that aren't accepted?

3) Tried to accept the translations made on ATE and the issue remains.

These were the procedures that you can follow to understand were the error persists:

A) hidden link
B) hidden link
C) hidden link

After doing these steps the translation keeps unaccepted.

Can you please advise?
Abou putting more questions on one ticket i'll follow your directions.

Thanks,
Hugo

April 19, 2019 at 2:49 pm #3646667

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

To fix the problem, I followed the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > Translation Management
- Select the desired page, the language and click on the "Add selected content to translation basket" button
- Click on the Translation Basket tab
- Click on the "Send all items for translation" button
- Click on the WPML > Translations
- Click on the "Take and translate" button

After following the steps above, the page should be displayed correctly for translation and after finishing this, the problem should be solved (hidden link). I'll attach some pictures for you to see.

This should be happening because the page of your site has not been synchronized with the ATE server. So even after translating, the status is still set to "In Progress". By following the steps above, the page is translated correctly.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.