We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by leeC-2 2 years, 3 months ago.

Author Posts
August 4, 2017 at 10:04 am #1335032

leeC-2

I am trying to: user WPML all import to import a feed for a real estate into the site in 2 languages. I read your tutorial: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/
The problem is, this is an XML feed and I can't do a CSV file because the properties are always updated with new properties every night.

I imported the english properties and everything is fine
Now I need to import the swedish properties. I chose to import into "existing" files, added all the details and in the WPML part i said "swedish" and this is a copy of "english" choose the right existing feed and now the "unique identifier" I added the unique identifier I WP all import created when I created the english files. (This is where I think i go wrong)

The swedish language imported everything, matched the categories and everything looks grean BUT it now deleted the english files and nothing is connected on the front end...

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

Here's an english property:
hidden link

This is a link ot the feed I am using:
hidden link

As you can see, all the languages of the descriptions are in one file.

I Attach my settings how I set up the english and swedish in WPML all import and the unique identifier that is auto created.
In swedish I told it to match the record with the same reference number.

I expected to see: my content translated

Instead, I got: nothing translated and my english files deleted...

It would be great if you could send me a video tutorial on this. I looked online but only get older tutrials with options that don't appear in my installation.

Or just point me in the right direction 🙂

August 4, 2017 at 11:17 am #1335128

leeC-2

Actually, my issue was resolved following this thread step by step: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-all-import/