This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by leeC-2 2 years, 2 months ago.

Author Posts
August 4, 2017 at 10:04 am #1335032

leeC-2

I am trying to: user WPML all import to import a feed for a real estate into the site in 2 languages. I read your tutorial: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/
The problem is, this is an XML feed and I can't do a CSV file because the properties are always updated with new properties every night.

I imported the english properties and everything is fine
Now I need to import the swedish properties. I chose to import into "existing" files, added all the details and in the WPML part i said "swedish" and this is a copy of "english" choose the right existing feed and now the "unique identifier" I added the unique identifier I WP all import created when I created the english files. (This is where I think i go wrong)

The swedish language imported everything, matched the categories and everything looks grean BUT it now deleted the english files and nothing is connected on the front end...

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

Here's an english property:
hidden link

This is a link ot the feed I am using:
hidden link

As you can see, all the languages of the descriptions are in one file.

I Attach my settings how I set up the english and swedish in WPML all import and the unique identifier that is auto created.
In swedish I told it to match the record with the same reference number.

I expected to see: my content translated

Instead, I got: nothing translated and my english files deleted...

It would be great if you could send me a video tutorial on this. I looked online but only get older tutrials with options that don't appear in my installation.

Or just point me in the right direction 🙂

August 4, 2017 at 11:17 am #1335128

leeC-2

Actually, my issue was resolved following this thread step by step: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-all-import/