This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
May 2, 2019 at 3:16 pm

arjanO

I am trying to: translate the homepage

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link vs hidden link

I expected to see: the images (they also show in the translation editor)

Instead, I got: it seems the URL's are changed.

This problem was already researched at https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translations-not-in-sync-after-changes-images-break/ but not solved yet.

What I tried to solve this;

Leaving out the child theme
Switching to the default theme as suggested (Divi editor doesn't work outside Divi Theme so everything broke on the default editor)
Switching on the debugger did show LiteSpeed Cache was causing problems. Switched it off, all problems solved except for the media translation issues with the image URL's being wrong
Rebuild the modules of the images
Moving the modules of the images
Resetting the images

No solution found so far.

May 2, 2019 at 10:08 pm
May 2, 2019 at 10:10 pm #3729437

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support.

I have just sent you a private message including access details in order to migrate your website to one of our test servers. This way we will be able to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

Please leave me a short notification once the migration has been completed.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 5, 2019 at 7:30 pm #3743819

arjanO

Just started migration. Might take a while. I will keep you posted.

May 5, 2019 at 8:49 pm #3743969

arjanO

I get a Migration Failed error, but no details...

May 6, 2019 at 6:48 pm #3752183

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that there been issues with the migration. In fact a Duplicator package would be helpful, but you will need the pro version in order to get a complete backup as your site is bigger than 1GB.

I tried to install the plugin but your server´s PHP file_uploa_settings did not allow me add it.

Could you please have a look into the issue and provide a donwload link for the package? If you could adjust the upload_max_size inside if the php.ini file on your server, I could assist you with this task.

hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

May 8, 2019 at 7:20 am #3764311

arjanO

Hi Andreas,

I changed the upload to 2GB. So that shouldn't be a problem for you anymore.

Kind regards,

Arjan Olsder

May 8, 2019 at 9:18 pm #3771225

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Sadly creating the Duplicator package ends in a 500 error and can not be completed.

On our last ticket I asked you to test the site in minimal setup? Were you able to proceed with these tests?
Otherwise, wouuld it be possible that I could test on your live-site? it would only take about 10 minutes and I will need to deactivate plugins to locate the issue.

Further, I will need FTP access. If this is not possible please read the following documentation and apply the changes to the wp-config.php file in order to obtain a debug.log file. Afterwards, undo the changes and provide us the debug results.

Detailed information here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Kind regards
Andreas

May 15, 2019 at 8:40 am #3813719

arjanO

Hi Andreas,

Debug log is on for a while already. You should spot it in the WP Admin. You are free to experiment.

Kind regards,

Arjan Olsder

May 16, 2019 at 5:45 pm #3828511

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

The debug.log shows various error in regards to the Woody ad snippets (PHP snippets | Insert PHP) plugin but this seems not to be related to the issue with WPML.

When inspecting the translated homepage I can see the images in the site´s markup code but somehow they do not get visualized.

Could you please increase your Memory Limit and WP Memory limit to 256M? 128M is the minimum required by WPML.
Your current values are:

MemoryLimit 2G
WP Memory Limit 40M
Add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* Memory Limit /
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Paste it just before:

/ That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. /

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly.
If you can get even higher values It would be great.

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Note: WPML needs a minimum WP Memory limit of 128M to work only under a minimal environment, it means,
with a default theme and not other plugins installed.

I hope this will solve the issue.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 17, 2019 at 8:39 am #3832397

arjanO

I set the limit to 256MB. PHP already had 2GB available for this specific client. The problem with displaying the image is that the URL's are completely different between languages while there's no way to control that. They should be the same.

May 17, 2019 at 9:06 pm #3836999

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

It seems that the changes for the WP Memory Limit were not accepted. Please contact your host provider and ask them if there are any given limitations. (See screenshot)

Possibly, they might need to assist you with setting the limit.

Further, I will consult our second tier support about the issue once it is assured that your site's configuration meets the minimum requierments to run WPML.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Translations not in sync after changes, images break!? (part 2)’ is closed to new replies.