Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by anneg-4 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
October 26, 2017 at 3:36 pm

anneg-4

I have 'options' in my theme that are made up of advance custom field 'Field Groups'. I can add them to or remove them from pages in my site via a toggle.
If I go into the options and specify "All languages" I can see two versions of each option that is available, one for french and one for english. However if I enter copy into one of the french fields, it gets copied into the English fields as well after I save the edit.
You can see this on my home page if you scroll to the bottom and look at "Accepted at more than 1,800 ....." There is a 'fr' in front of the text on both the English and French versions of the page, because the french content overwrites the english content. Not sure what I a missing in my setup, can you advise?

October 27, 2017 at 4:26 pm #1414330

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

ACF options are not supported yet by WPML and ACF Multilingual. We are working to make it happen but I can't provide an ETA.

Meanwhile, I suggest you trying this workaround:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cannot-translate-field-groups-independently/#post-1331910

Let me know if it helped, please.

Kind Regards,

Otto

October 30, 2017 at 9:31 pm #1416206

anneg-4

The workaround felt like a lot of trouble to me, although thank you very much for suggesting it. I ended up doing a brute force sort of solution with a few additional custom fields for translation purposes. So I am all set. Thanks for your help.