This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by atakanI 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
August 27, 2019 at 6:23 pm

atakanI

Hello,

I have a problem with categories. My website have 3 different languages and English is the default. When I check my website in English all the products and categories are working well. But when I change it to another language, I dont see or I see just few products under some categories. For example:

Under the cake categories I have 2 cakes: hidden link

But check the russian and turkish versions:

RU: hidden link
TR:hidden link

They are empty. The translations of the two cakes should supposed to be there.
The same in my homepage. I want to Show all of my products at my homepages. When you look at it in English you are able to see all the products on my homepage. But check it out in Russian. You can see just few products at the main page.

To sum up, product category translations are not working well even if I did the slugs well and properly. Please help me to fix it. I will share all the admin information. I thin we have time zone difference so you can check it fast. I dont have time to wait.

(I dont know if it was working well before but I did some Litespeed cache settings, even I purge or I disable the plugin/plugins categories are not working well)

August 28, 2019 at 6:57 am #4471487

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I checked all of this - I see nothing wrong at all. What puzzles me is that for example this product is visible:
hidden link

And for example other categories are visible as well:
hidden link

And according to WooCommerce multilingual status, everything is properly translated, including slugs, products, etc.

Can you tell me if you can create a Duplicator package? I would like to try this on my localhost, so that we can exclude any possible server side issue. I may also need package if I escalate this case further. I see no other options at this moment.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 28, 2019 at 8:09 am #4471737

atakanI

Hello Bruno,

Thank you for your answer. I don't know how to duplicate and send it to you. I share all the information with you. If you want, you can duplicate and try on your server. If you need me you need to explain to me in details what should I do.

Let me explain the problem with screenshots. If I am not wrong, I have 15 different kinds of rose product in English(default language).

In the English category of roses, I see all of them. hidden link

In the Turkish category of roses, I see 11 products from 15.
hidden link

In the Russian category of roses, I see 4 products from 15.
hidden link

This is same with the main page. I see all of my products at my homepage in English. But the other languages I see some of them.

Also other categories the same issue. I see fewer products in translated categories as they supposed to be.

I have tried to fix it and searched from your blog. I found some similar cases and tried to synch my product, troubleshooting, resaved the categories and etc. I couldn't solve it.

I have been trying the last 2 days and finally, I am kindly asking you to help me.

August 28, 2019 at 10:42 am #4473443

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

On my localhost, I tried every imaginable combination. Eventually, see my images - this is the only combination I was able to find that it is working. I do not know where the issue is coming from, but probably something related to either permalinks, server permissions, language URL format, incompatibility with any of the plugins (Remove product-category slug maybe) or even combination of everything...

I even tried default theme. Can you tell me if you can perform thorough testing as I did, to see if there's any combination which is working on your server? Also make sure to clear any server-side caching or try localhost. This might help us narrow down what the real culprit is.

The strange thing is that in some combinations, hidden link was actually giving me 404, like it is not there, perhaps that is behind all of this, but I'm not sure.

I also went here:
- WPML - > Support -> Troubleshooting:

And performed all these, but not sure if any of these helped.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 28, 2019 at 11:34 am #4473925

atakanI

Hey Bruno,

I have tried some of them but my problem still exists. And I prefer to keep my slugs as it is because of SEO things.

Let's think deeply. Where this problem can be occurred from? Let's think about roses category.

We have 15 different products in default language English, and they all have the same category slugs. Moreover, in Turkish we are able to see 11 of them and in Russian 4 of them. What are the differences of leftovers from the visible ones? I think it is because of WPML problem and maybe you can discuss with your colleagues.

Maybe you remember my other problem with filters. "It can be related." The price filter is not working with other currencies. I set "Ukrainian Hryvnas" as default currency and the range of the price filter is not working with other language/currencies. So I had to delete the price filter at Turkish and English translation pages. So I can just only use it in Russian language pages with Ukrainian Hryvna. By the way, I couldn't upload the theme to solve the price filter issue. I will ask your help in the other ticket. (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/filter-price-at-the-main-page/)

Please, think deeply and wider to help me. I believe that you can find the problem. I tried to set my past configurations after trying your combination proposals.

I am looking for your answer and solution. I hope you can get some help from your WPML colleagues and altogether we can find solutions on both price filter issue and this unvisible products issues.

August 28, 2019 at 1:10 pm #4474441

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I was able to get all the urls working somehow:
hidden link
hidden link

And see the results - all products showing (see the list of inactive plugins).

In the way I see it, we should move this site to our Cloudways server for more testing, as it has no caching of any kind there and we will see it both live. I have no other suggestions and 2nd tier will also tell us test there first. I am currently preparing everything for you so please wait few minutes before I send a new message.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 28, 2019 at 1:12 pm
August 28, 2019 at 1:41 pm #4474727

atakanI

I have also done this one. Can you check both migrated site and the other one in the other ticket? hidden link

August 28, 2019 at 4:17 pm #4475861

atakanI

And also I would like to add another strange thing, I will give an example.

For example, you are at the rose category page in English and you change the language when you are on that page. (I mean you want to see the rose category in the Russian language for example). Sometimes you are redirecting another category page when you change the language. This is happening for all the category pages as I understand.

I am telling you because maybe somehow It will help to find the solutions.

All of my problems:
-Price filter doesn't work properly at the homepage and shop pages in translated languages.
-When you change the language in a category page, you can be redirected to irrelated pages.
-Some products are not visible in their categories on translated category pages.

I hope I made the migration of the site correctly.

Thank you for your attention.

August 29, 2019 at 6:30 am #4477995

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

How about this? 🙂
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

If you ask me what I did, I ran all the troubleshooting functions from this page:
hidden link

But all of them (apart from Reset I guess :). I tested various things on CW site and none of these worked, apart from cleaning up database. Most likely some of these things weren't linked properly, but troubleshooting functions did it. So it wasn't about permalinks or language url after all.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 29, 2019 at 9:44 am #4479517

atakanI

My issue is resolved now. Thank you very much Bruno! I think we can close this ticket and move to the price filter. I believe that you are going to solve it too.