This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dr.-wallisC 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
August 15, 2019 at 5:58 pm

dr.-wallisC

I am using the Avada theme. I have translated the majority of items (pages/elements/forms) into Traditional Chinese.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: all pages hidden link

I expected to see: the same formatting as those which appear in pages, i.e. font sizes, lines, hovering above links behaviour (should be inherited) etc. I also expect to see the translated menus.

Instead, I got: weird and random formatting, and I don't see the translated menus.

August 16, 2019 at 7:33 am #4405241

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I will help you with your issue,

Avada saves theme options for each language separately if you have modified some option in the Chinese language it won't be in sync with the default language.

Please refer : hidden link

If you prefer to keep the same theme option throughout the languages, In your theme options dashboard In the Language Switcher on the top WP Admin panel, select All Languages from the dropdown edit and save the settings this will synchronize the options throughout the languages.

Let me know if that solves your issue.

Kind regards
Raja

August 16, 2019 at 2:45 pm #4407101

dr.-wallisC

Sorry, I don't quite understand, can you help me clarify your answer:

When you wrote: "Avada saves theme options for each language separately if you have modified some option in the Chinese language it won't be in sync with the default language."

What does it mean I need to do? I am not sure what you're trying to suggest - can you please be more specific what I need to do?

When you wrote: "If you prefer to keep the same theme option throughout the languages, In your theme options dashboard In the Language Switcher on the top WP Admin panel, select All Languages from the dropdown edit and save the settings this will synchronize the options throughout the languages."

I am not sure where exactly you want me to navigate, can you please give me an example starting from the left side panel (to which you have access), and denoting the navigation with a ">" symbol. Otherwise I don't really understand where I should navigate and what should I do.

For example, to navigate to Avada's Custom CSS in the Theme options, it would be appreciated if you can write to me in this way which is clearer:

"on left panel, Avada > Theme Options > Custom CSS"

Thank you, waiting for your reply.

August 17, 2019 at 1:47 am #4408599

dr.-wallisC

My issue is resolved now. Thank you Raja!