Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 11 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
September 3, 2021 at 6:09 am #9514361

Santiago

Hello, please, can you help me to remove the items on the "Translations queue", basically, I'm switch to OFF the "Use WPML's Translation Editor" for all content and need to manually translate all my site content, I do that and after any change the pages shows on the "Translations queue" as completed which is confusing. Here are some screenshots.

I don't need to use the "WPML Translation Management" im doing all my translations manually, but, I'm forced to install because I need to use the "WooCommerce Multilingual".

I need to disable all the Translation Management feature, I need to translate all manually and don't link my content inside the Translations queue, etc.

Any solutions for this?
Thank you in advance.-

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 3.04.49 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 3.04.36 AM.png
September 3, 2021 at 6:46 am #9514631

Radu

Hey Santiago,

Can you give me a few more details about why do you want to want to disable the Translation Management plugin, please?

I mean, when you add the translation manually for the content on your website, there's no extra step that you need to take in order to make the translation available. Having the Translation Management plugin active or not is not gonna make any difference to the process of manually translating the content.

I just need a few more details about why you want to deactivate this plugin to see if there's something I can suggest for achieving that.

Thanks,
Radu

September 3, 2021 at 6:50 am #9514633

Santiago

Hello Radu, basically, I don't need the "Translation Management" but as I mentioned before, I'm forced to install because I need to properly translate my WooCommerce content. Saying that, it's ok, I can install, even when I try to use the minimum plugins possible.
But, I don't really understand why everything is showing on the "Translations queue" when Im not using the "Translation Management" to translate my content.
That make all super confuse, this is how works?
Don't really make any sense for me, show all inside the "Translations queue" when I'm not using the "Translation Management".
Makes sense my question for you?

September 7, 2021 at 9:31 am #9537907

Radu

Hey Santiago,

For now, this is the way that WPML works. Each new translation is gonna appear in the translation queue.

You can either send a post to translation as presented here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/#translating-pages-posts-and-custom-post-types

then assign that translation to your account and take care of it, or you can create the translation directly when editing a post, from the right sidebar area. However, in both cases, the translations are gonna appear in the translation queue.

Is there any reason why you'd like to remove this tab from your dashboard area? I mean, there's no extra step that you need to take when translating the content on your website if you have this translation queue.
I just want to understand why you'd like to get rid of this section so I can talk with my colleagues about it and see if there's anything we can change in a future update of WPML.

Thanks,
Radu

September 8, 2021 at 12:00 am #9543413

Santiago

Hello Radu, but I'm not using a translation service.
I'm doing the translations manually.
Thats what I don't think make sense to add the translations I'm doing manually on the translations queue, because is not a translation queue, and all that is very confusion for the different people who works on the WP.
That makes sense to you?

September 8, 2021 at 8:04 pm #9550909

Radu

Hey Santiago,

I understand that you're not using a translation service. Can you create a short video about how you create the translation so I can see how you are using the translation queue, please?

I'm asking this because you should be able to edit, for example, a post, and use the options on the right sidebar to simply create the translation, without needing to use the translation queue (using this section hidden link).

The translation queue is needed when you have some other users on the dashboard area and you want to send posts for translation to them. This time, they will be able to find the posts that they need to translate in the translation queue. But this is not needed if, for example, you are adding the translation.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Translations queue’ is closed to new replies.