Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
March 19, 2018 at 10:22 am #1549377

andreyO

I've sent to french translator pages for translation from english to french, but for some reason some pages are shown to be translated from german to french now, but I still see in Jobs that they are to be translated from en to fr.

March 20, 2018 at 1:11 pm #1550965

Ankit

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML Support forum. This is Ankit from WPML Support Forum, I will assist you with the issue further, hope this is fine with you.

1. Could you please let me know if the same issue is happening if you create a new post in English and send it for French translation?

2. There may be some corruption in database entries which may affect specific posts. Please try to test with newly created posts and let me know if this happens.

3. If this happens for new posts as well, I would request you to kindly provide me the wp-admin and FTP details of the site in order to investigate the issue further. I've enabled private reply for your next response so that you can post site credentials.

Regards,
Ankit G.

March 20, 2018 at 1:38 pm #1550985

andreyO

One thing I have to mention.
new pages/posts are created in german, transalted into english and then from english to french.

And no, for new pages it worked fine:

both cases
1) original page in english
2) original page in german, translated into english

March 20, 2018 at 1:43 pm #1551005

Ankit

Hi,

So the pages are created in following sequence.

German > English > French

Could you please confirm if the problem is happening if you create/translate the pages in above sequence?

What happens if you are sending English page (originally created in English, not translated from German to English) to French translation?

Regards,
Ankit G.

March 20, 2018 at 1:53 pm #1551015

andreyO

Both cases worked fine with new pages

English->French
German->English->French

March 21, 2018 at 5:57 am #1551763

Ankit

It looks like some database related issue.

I would request you to provide me the wp-admin and FTP details for your site to further investigate the issue.

I've enabled private message for your next reply, so that only you and me would be able to access those details.

Regards,
Ankit G.

March 21, 2018 at 11:24 am #1552068

Ankit

Could you please also send me the credentials for the user (translator) so that I can check the issue from both the views?

Regards,
Ankit

March 21, 2018 at 11:31 am #1552073

andreyO

Hello Ankit,

You can switch to the user from Users Panel, use "switch to" link.

BR,
Andrey

March 21, 2018 at 12:11 pm #1552108

Ankit

Hi,

I've escalated the issue to 2nd tier and they will further investigate the issue with more details. I will get back to you once there is some update from 2nd tier support team.

Thanks for your ongoing patience.

Regards,
Ankit G.

March 28, 2018 at 1:23 pm #1559032

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi, this is Ahmed Ibrahim from the second tier support team.

I wasn't able to replicate the same behavior on a clean installation, and I see that you also weren't able to replicate with a newly created posts, so as Ankit mentioned it could be some corruption at the database.

As I understand that the job appears correctly at the "Translations Jobs" tab, so I have logged in to your site and checked the "Translations Jobs" and couldn't find any job for the page: "Silencer-Systeme" has been sent from English to French so have you deleted this job?

Is it ok if I sent it again to check the issue?
Do you have any other jobs with the same issue or it is only the "Silencer-Systeme" page?

Best Regards

March 28, 2018 at 10:01 pm #1559530

andreyO

Hello Ahmed,

no, I haven't delete the translation job, it's still available under job ID 280 (see srennshot)

BR,
Andrey

March 29, 2018 at 10:13 am #1559908

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi, and thanks for your reply.

For me, I still can't see it, which is weird. (see the attached screenshot) so can you please cancel this job, by marking the check-box and then click on the "Cancel Selected" button, then resend the page again to the same translator and let me know if you have got the same behavior?

Best Regards.

March 30, 2018 at 6:48 am #1560681

andreyO

Hello,

I don't know what is going on, but I couldn't find those items in translation jobs anymore. This page was shown as waiting for translator in Translations dashboard.

I've resent a bunch of articles to be translated again from English to French. That what I did already a couple of days ago, and those articles were shown yesterday as to be translated from German to French.

Another strange thing happend: I got also e-mail notification, that there is a translation job for me, though I sent only pages for translation for another user.

BR,
Andrey

March 30, 2018 at 7:28 pm #1561190

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please send me the names if these pages, also to be able to debug the problem I’d like to replicate your site locally. For this, you'll need to temporarily install a plugin called "Duplicator" on your site. This will allow you to create a copy of your site and your content. You can provide me with the snapshot following these directions:
If you already know how Duplicator works ( http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ ), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

:: Duplicator instructions
hidden link

Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services)
#Important:
As the snapshot file will be quite big, you can exclude the images if the file is very big, you can use the filters to exclude the uploads file and also use the filter to exclude any compressed files with these extensions .rar, .gz and .zip )

I will set the next reply as a private reply so you will able to provide a link to download the duplicator package.

Thanks and Best Regards

The topic ‘[Closed] Translator gets wrong language to be translated from’ is closed to new replies.