Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Everytime I update banner text, it converts to German text.

Solution: It looks like you are using Revolution Slider to display the homepage banners. I see that you do not have the homepage slider set to Multilingual. Please follow the documentation here to translate the slider content: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/creating-multilingual-sliders-with-revolution-slider-and-wpml/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
August 9, 2018 at 11:14 am

andreyO

Hello!
Actually, I have 2 languages on my site. WPML works with English and German languages.
There are no problems with a second one. But some issue with English translations.

Evry time I edit any information on the sites with English translations, WPML set up automatically exactly German language for all banner titles, it can be fixed manually by adding a right caption but as I mentioned above, the title then will be changed by WPML automatically after editing.

I attach one screenshot image for example.

I hope, that we can fix this issue together.
Thank you in advance!

August 9, 2018 at 5:41 pm #2630287

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

It looks like you are using Revolution Slider to display the homepage banners. I see that you do not have the homepage slider set to Multilingual. Please follow the documentation here to translate the slider content: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/creating-multilingual-sliders-with-revolution-slider-and-wpml/

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.