This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 22, 2019 at 10:10 am #4618055

maria-antoniettaT

Tell us what you are trying to do?
This plugin provide the possibility to put some string in theme->appeareance, I need to traslate these string but I don't found them in WPML

Is there a similar example that we can see?What is the link to your site?
hidden link

September 23, 2019 at 8:29 am #4621577

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

You might find those strings in the Admin strings section which is accessible through the String Translation section. Please read our documentation about it at the following link.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

Please let me know if this information is helpful to you.

Regards,
Itamar.

September 23, 2019 at 11:53 am #4623387

maria-antoniettaT

There arent

September 24, 2019 at 9:01 am #4629329

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

The Age Verification by Devio Digital (hidden link) is not in our officially compatible plugins' list here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/
So we might be looking here at a compatibility issue.

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link
Through this link, you will be automatically logged in. (If nobody logs in the test site will be available for one week from today.)
Could you please install the Age Verification plugin and see if the issue is replicable on a clean WordPress installation?
Please configures WPML as it is configured on your site.
Please also make sure that you are installing the latest version of the plugin.
If the issue is replicable on a clean WordPress installation, then I'll escalate it to our compatibility team, and they will try to find a fix for this issue.

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 24, 2019 at 9:38 am #4629705

maria-antoniettaT

Done!

September 25, 2019 at 8:30 am #4636723

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for installing everything on the sandbox site.

I was able to find and translate the default strings from the Age verification plugin. They were found in the 'Translate texts in admin screens' section under theme_mods_twentynineteen (or in your case the name of your theme). Please see the attached screenshot. When I moved the strings to the String Translation section and translated them there, things worked. You can see it here.
hidden link

Nevertheless, when I inserted my own strings, they were not found for translation. By looking at the screenshot, I think that you need to insert your strings. So I've escalated this issue to our compatibility team, and they will check this issue. When I have an answer from them, I'll let you know here.

Thank you for your patience.
Itamar.

September 25, 2019 at 1:49 pm #4639433

maria-antoniettaT

Hi
I'm sorry, but I don't have these fields, if you want I could provide to you an account.

September 25, 2019 at 4:27 pm #4641099

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Please let me have access to your site and I'll check if I can help further.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 29, 2019 at 11:45 am #4660655

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Itamar is on leave.
He will come back by Wednesday.
I will be helping you till he comes back.

They are here: hidden link
I added them to strings translation and you can see theme now in : hidden link

Regards,
Riffaz.

October 2, 2019 at 3:41 pm #4681841

maria-antoniettaT

Hi
I inserted the traslation but I don't see them
hidden link
Perhaps where can I insert the traslation of Yes or NO?

Thanks

October 3, 2019 at 9:14 am #4686205

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I was able to help with this issue on your site. The Age Verification strings are now translated into Italian on the front-end. Please see the attached screenshot age-ok-it-front.jpg.

Two things that you should do to make it work.
1. Deactivate the WP Fastest Cache plugin.
2. Each time that you make a change in Appearance -> Customize -> Age Verification you need to visit the homepage of your site and then the strings will show in the Translate texts in admin screens section. This is how I made it work. After I moved the strings to the String Translation section, I could translate them into Italian. Please see the attached screenshot age-in-st.jpg.

Can you please confirm that now the issue is solved?

Thanks,
Itamar.