Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
June 30, 2020 at 2:50 pm #6487675

vadimP

Hi,

I'm using Traveler theme for this project.

Here we have a list of Rooms in English: hidden link
I have added Russian language translations, which for now are copies of English content just with translated categories, they're supposed to display here: hidden link
As you can see, the Room list is empty in RU version.

My team and I have tried deleting and publishing translations of Rooms and room categories again, resetting permalinks, etc. - nothing has worked so far.

Looking forward to your input.

July 1, 2020 at 10:36 pm #6499219

Bruno

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. It appears that this URL is loaded via AJAX. Please follow the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > Languages > Language filtering for AJAX operations
- Check the "Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX"
- Click on the Save button

Then go back to the page and see if the problem persists. Note that using the filters on the page I see that the items are displayed, but load in the default language. Using the steps above, the problem may also be resolved.

Thank you.

July 1, 2020 at 10:42 pm #6499227

vadimP

Hello Bruno,

I just did exactly that, but I still see that room list in not loaded on translated page - hidden link

screenshot-hotelmoreto.com-2020.07.02-01_42_02.png
July 5, 2020 at 2:17 pm #6524681

vadimP

Hi Bruno,

Did you get a chance to check my last message? Is there anything else I could try?

July 6, 2020 at 12:00 pm #6529941

vadimP

Hi Bruno,

Sorry I didn't notice your last message earlier. Here's the test site for our project:
hidden link
How can I privately send you login credentials?

July 7, 2020 at 9:47 pm #6542635

Bruno

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I replied to your message asking you to install and configure your theme in our testing environment. I'm going to add a screenshot for you to see.

If possible, please install your theme and configure it in our testing environment so that I can test it and if necessary, forward it to our compatibility team to verify.

Thank you.

private-message.png
July 8, 2020 at 9:27 am #6546519

vadimP

Hi Bruno,

The link from your previous message comes back with an error: "Error establishing a database connection".

Besides, we already have a test website with the theme, our content and WPML installed here: hidden link If you could let me know how I can privately send you user credentials, it could be a much quicker process.

July 9, 2020 at 11:38 pm #6563431

Bruno

Hi,

Sure. I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

July 10, 2020 at 12:44 pm #6569059

vadimP

Hi Bruno,

We found another issue - with footer translation.
In this theme footer is created not through widgets but as a page, you can find it in Pages > Footer Single.
To apply this footer to all pages we go to Theme Settings > Page Options > Modern Footer Page and select the page that contains footer.
We've added BG translation of the footer and selected Footer Single BG for the Bulgarian version of theme settings, yet the footer is still displaying in English everywhere.

Could you please take a look at this as well, advise how to make footer translation work? Thank you.

July 13, 2020 at 11:27 pm #6587267

Bruno

Hi,

Thank you. I've used Duplicator plugin and I did a copy of your site. I will install it on my test environment and soon I will contact you.

Thank you.

July 14, 2020 at 11:28 am #6591813

vadimP

Hi Bruno,

Thank you, please keep me posted.
Could you please also check a few more things:
1. Couldn't find where to translate "Discover" button (Home page, Our services block). It isn't in Strings.
2. Couldn't find where to translate "Book your stay" button that's in the top menu.

July 18, 2020 at 4:07 am #6625387

Bruno

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. I am still working on your website. I tested your site in my testing environment and I am still able to replicate the problem you are experiencing.

So I tried to set it up in a new environment, just to replicate that issue, but I can't set it up like on your website. For example, it seems that some configuration is needed to activate the "[New] Hotel Single" shortcode. I will attach an image for you to see.

It is important that we are able to replicate this in a new installation because that way, we can contact the author of the plugin/theme and show that even in a new installation the problem happens.

I had already created a testing environment to test this (hidden link). Could you please check?

Thank you.

new-tab.png
July 20, 2020 at 8:23 am #6631479

vadimP

Hi Bruno,

I've checked your test environment, the only thing I've noticed is that you don't have Option tree installed (one of the required plugins), and also no demo was installed (not sure if that would affect anything, but that's how I set up our website initially - with Single Hotel demo). I don't know what else could be the issue.

Is there any way you could move forward without replicating it in new environment? I've contacted your support many times before and that was never the case, at least I was never aware that it was mandatory to replicate the problem in a new installation before it could be solved.

Please note that this website is live, this problem has been there for over 2 weeks and we are very anxious to fix this.

July 23, 2020 at 2:31 am #6656577

Bruno

Hi,

The fact of trying to replicate the problem in a new installation is to try this in a new installation (without any configuration), with the minimum of plugins installed and just the essentials to replicate the problem.

I am still working on this ticket to try to understand the problem, but as this is associated with other plugins/themes, it is more complicated to debug. In a new installation, replicating the necessary steps, they could help us.

Also, if it is necessary to report to our compatibility team or 2nd tier support, I would have to replicate that in a new installation anyway. I am still working on that ticket and soon I will contact you.

Thank you.

July 28, 2020 at 3:18 pm #6693951

vadimP

Hi Bruno, do you have an update? Our website is holiday related and summer is getting close to an end, we are really desperate to get those translations to work