Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
July 29, 2020 at 1:36 pm #6700565

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and sorry for the waiting here. Bruno assigned this ticket to me and I will be managing it from now on. I investigated your issue using the provided test site tried some troubleshooting but unfortunately the issue persits.

Although the traveler theme is listed in our list of compatible themes (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/), chances are the specific WPBakery page builder module to list the rooms could be the cause of the issue as it can be getting the posts based on a specific taxonomy id which is not translated or it is explicity taking into consideration just the primary language instead of all the languages available in your website.

Here is a case where we need the customer coopearation for the proper escalation steps to our compatibility team. In these cases, these are the procedures:

• Install the theme/plugin in a clean installation and reproduce the problem in this new installation. So we can isolate it and do some testing without the interference of server settings or other plugins
  • After this, I will check the problem in this new installation and look for a quick solution
    If I can not find a solution, I will forward the problem to our compatibility team.
  • The compatibility team will do some more testing and will contact the product author to fix the issue

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install with all the required WPML plugins, you just need to setup your primary and secondary languages. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in.

Please upload the (theme/plugin) to this test install, setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options) and create some dummy content to reproduce the issue.

Please note that we only need the (theme/plugin) and the related functionality, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site. The fewer plugins the better.

After that, please send us clear steps on how to see/reproduce the issue on this test install. We will run some tests.

Note: I am aware of your additional translation issues as well, we need to proceed step by step with one issue at a time, we'll proceed as soon as the compatibility test is made.

Please, let me know when you are ready, thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

July 30, 2020 at 10:41 pm #6711731

vadimP

Hello, we recreated the setup, Room is translated, however in the Room list translations are still not appearing - " Could not find any rooms"

July 31, 2020 at 6:10 pm #6717269

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I confirmed the reported issue and forwarded this ticket to our compatibility team. I will update you here as soon as there's a reply available from them, thank you for your continued patience and understanding, have a nice day.

August 10, 2020 at 12:31 pm #6769277

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your patience while waited for a reply. I got some more details from our compatibility team and unfortunately we are not able to proceed with a workaround for now, the way theme handles the content don't take into consideration the multilingual features provided by WPML.

Our compatibility team already contacted the theme author with the suggestion of how to implement the changes to make it compatible, for now, we are only able to recommend you to get some guidance from the author's part in order to solve your issue. We really sorry for not being able to proceed with a detailed help here, thank you for your understanding, have a nice day.