This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by smartstartinc 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 22, 2016 at 10:06 am #970965

Zander

I am trying to:

Create a new language - Canadian English using the code CA and en_CA. Its telling me that the code already exists - but I haven;t set it up and its not in the list of selctable languages.

URL of (my) website where problem appears: Language edit page

I expected to see: A new lanuage being created with the accepted CA locale code for canada

Instead, I got: an error saying language code already exists

Steps to duplicate the issue: add language use code and tag CA (see screenshot)

July 22, 2016 at 1:45 pm #971375

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi ,

Thank you for contacting the support team. We are happy to help you.

I guess it is happening because *CA* language code is already used by Catalan. Please try with *CE* and let me know your feedback.

--
With Regards

Bigul

July 22, 2016 at 2:57 pm #971638

Zander

HI
Well I was in a rush so I set it up as CD - Is CE the code I should use, or just an alternative you've made up? the reason I ask is that I don;t want to have to re-do all the content, so I'll only change it if it's a necessity.

For example, would using CE show the canadian flag?

July 22, 2016 at 3:10 pm #971658

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi ,

Canadian English will be a custom language, so you can add the Candian flag for it from Edit language section(the same screen you have used to add the custom language).

Wiki Article is showing *CE* as the short code for Canadian English . Please check this URL for more details hidden link

--
With Regards

Bigul

October 30, 2018 at 11:01 pm #2863786

smartstartinc

What is the hidden link? It might be helpful for others as well.