Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
January 23, 2020 at 11:33 am #5347823

ioana-catalinaB

Trying to Embed a WordPress post in the second language.
Adding the link in Romanian Language (second language) in a WordPress Block
On the site the link is showing in English language (base language)

The link where you can see
hidden link

January 23, 2020 at 5:04 pm #5351593

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

It seems that the Gutenberg block that you are using is probably not compatible with WPML, we have some documentation that can help make it compatible.
- https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-content-created-using-gutenberg-editor/
- https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

On the other hand, I created a test site to reproduce this issue, if you can configure WPML and create a post and page to reproduce the issue, I'll try to fix it, otherwise, I'll escalate it to our developers to find out why it always take the original post inside the embed.

If you can also, record a short video for when you add the embed, it will help understand better and reproduce the issue from scratch if needed. It may also help the developer that could work on it.

To login to the test server, please use the following one-click-login link: hidden link

I'll be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Jamal

January 26, 2020 at 3:08 pm #5365393

ioana-catalinaB

I configure WPML on the test site but it seems that is working fine. Sometimes is working also on my site....so...i am not sure why this is happening....

January 28, 2020 at 2:08 pm #5377837

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for your collaboration.

When you said, sometimes is working on your website, do you mean the same embed is sometimes translated and sometimes no? Or probably different embeds and pages?
In the latter case, I would say, that there is a difference between these embeds that can help us understand why it is happening.

Can you try on your website on a new page? Does the issue happen?

February 6, 2020 at 12:58 pm #5439021

ioana-catalinaB

I tried to embed in an new page. It is really strange...first the embed was showing in romanian language on the wordpress page but on my blog in English. After I did it one more time is in english in both palces...even if the link that i've paste is in Romanian. I can't reproduce this is issue so...please close the ticket...
Thank you for your help!
Oana

February 6, 2020 at 1:25 pm #5439387

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Oana and thank you for your feedback.
Feel free to open a new ticket if you still need assistance.