Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.19 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice.

Last updated by ding-lunY 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
December 12, 2019 at 2:59 am

ding-lunY

Hi there,

Our team is translating a site with many languages, and there is a lot of content so we don't expect to be finished for a while. We have some languages with front pages, and we want those to be viewable while the rest is under development. I will use Italian as an example.

Up to this point, we have had an English language menu (the default site language), and that is acceptable for us. Italian does not have its own menu, so the site seems to be loading the English menu in lieu of it. This is fine for our needs temporarily.

Recently, our team completed a menu for French. Right now, the Italian-language page seems to want to load the French menu as its default now, even though English is the default language of the site. This is not what we want! As I mentioned, the Italian menu is not going to be ready for a little while, so we wish to have English until that is ready.

Is there any way to revert the default menu back to English (temporarily)? Because no Italian menu exists, it doesn't actually present any choices in the Italian version of the site other than 'create a menu'. I realize that our long-term choice must be to make an Italian menu, but I wanted to see if there was a short-term workaround for English.

Thank you,
Alec

December 12, 2019 at 4:24 am

The topic ‘[Closed] Trying to load default language menu on other language pages’ is closed to new replies.