This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Remove WPML completely and remove all transalation

Solution:

- Secure a backup of your site and database before you proceed - Goto WPML > Languages, make sure the default language is selected properly - Remove all the translated posts - Goto WPML > Support > Troubleshooting, Scroll down to "Reset section" at the bottom of the page, Hit reset this will delete all WPML data including the connection with the translation - Now you will be left with the posts and products created in the default language.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/faq/how-wpml-reset-works

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bramj-3 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
September 19, 2019 at 11:21 am #4604253

bramj-3

I want to remove my wpml completely and I know how to do that, but I’ve ran into a problem.
I first want to remove all my translated content before I disable wpml and remove it.

Main language is dutch second is English. The main language was English in the beginning but I’ve changed that to dutch. But if I now delete the English products out of woocommerce I’m left with the Dutch product, but all the fields are locked on the dutch products. How can I unlock these fields? I’ve searched every where but couldn’t find a solution. Can you please help me out.

September 20, 2019 at 12:37 pm #4612193

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello there,

Please follow these steps.

- Secure a backup of your site and database before you proceed
- Goto WPML > Languages, make sure the default language is selected properly
- Remove all the translated products ( i hope you have already done this)
- Goto WPML > Support > Troubleshooting, Scroll down to "Reset section" at the bottom of the page, Hit reset this will delete all WPML data including the connection with the translation
- Now you will be left with the posts and products created in the default language.

https://wpml.org/faq/how-wpml-reset-works/

I hope this helps you better.

September 24, 2019 at 7:07 am #4628485

bramj-3

Took some time and effort but it worked! Thank you for your help!