This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rajeeb Banstola 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
August 17, 2019 at 12:28 am

Dallas

I am trying to: Add and edit the landuages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: To be able to add and edit custom languages.

Instead, I got: It's no longer allowing us to add any CUSTOM languages after deleting some languages.

August 17, 2019 at 1:02 am
August 20, 2019 at 3:02 am #4420183

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Can you please confirm if you still have the issue?

Thanks,

August 26, 2019 at 11:28 pm #4461667

Dallas

Hi,
I am able to add languages now. But, I have another problem.

I am trying to add "uk" as language code but I keep getting "Language code already exists" error. It allows me to add "gb" as the code though. Any reason why I can't add "uk"? Can you provide me with a solution so that I can use "uk" instead of "gb" in the language code?

Thanks

August 27, 2019 at 6:15 am #4462933

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

uk is the language code for Ukrainian language which is already present on the database. That is why you are not allowed to add new one with same 'uk' code.

There is no option or code to change the language code. I reviewed couple of forum tickets and found possible workaround:

1. Change the 'uk' row in _icl_languages table in your database.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/using-uk-as-the-code-for-english-united-kingdom/

This method is NOT recommended as the changes could be lost during a plugin update.

2. Activate Ukrainian language and rename it to United Kingdom
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/multiple-english-languages-single-domain/#post-1141932

Screenshot: https://wpml.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/1141932-change_uk_language.png

I would highly recommend you to use option 2. Let me know if you require further help.

August 27, 2019 at 10:09 pm #4469957

Dallas

Hi Rajeeb,

Thanks for the info. That makes sense. I decided to continue using "gb" as the safest option here.

I am facing another issue now...

I don't want to translate the blog overview page and blogs. But, when I try to access these pages from another region, I get 500 internal server error. The URL is actually correct.

For example:
example.com is the home page
example.com/blog is the blog overview page

When I switch to another region
example.com/nz is the home page of NZ which works fine. When I try to access the blog overview page from this page, the URL is still example.com/blog but it returns 500 internal server.

Could you guide me on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks

August 31, 2019 at 4:55 am #4490185

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Glad to know you found the solution.

Please create a new ticket as the issue doesn't seem to be related. In order to allow other users to take benefits from the forum, we limit one issue per related.