This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am trying to load an iframe in an Elementor HTML block using different src-URLs depending on the language. (example: src="https://...?language=en"). I expected to see the URL using string translation, to be able to change the URL for each language. Instead, I got the URL is not displayed using string translation so I can't translate it.

Solution: In the Advanced Translation Editor the content of the HTML element is not simply copied. Go to Dashboard → WPML → String translation, search for the content of the HTML element, add the translation to it, and mark the Translation is complete box.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alexanderR-24 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
September 13, 2019 at 7:04 pm #4570431

alexanderR-24

I am trying to:

Load an iframe in an Elementor HTML block using different src-URLs depending on the language. (example: src="hidden link...?language=en")

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
(The english Block between the "... Matomo" and "... Youtube" headlines)

I expected to see:
the URL using string translation, to be able to change the URL for each language.

On the following docs-page the Elementor HTML Block is listed as translatable:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#List-of-the-translatable-Elementor-Elements

Instead, I got:
the URL is not displayed using string translation so I can't translate it.

September 16, 2019 at 5:38 am #4576375

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Alexander

Nice to see you again 🙂

As you already mentioned, the HTML module of Elementor is a part of the supported elements so there shouldn't be any issue translating it. Have you tried to edit the Deutsch translation of the Data Privacy page? You should see the content of the HTML element on the side-by-side translation area.

If the content of the HTML element does not appear on this area, please make a small change to the original page (like adding one more point at the end of a sentence), save the changes, and then try again to edit the translation, please? Please give this a try and tell me if the content of the HTML element is showing for translation now.

Thanks,
Radu

September 16, 2019 at 7:00 am #4576711

alexanderR-24

Hi Radu,

thanks for your reply.
When I add an <h4> tag above the iframe it shows up in the side-by-side translation area.
When I add a "." at the end of the iframe line, that "." also shows up in the side-by-side translation area.

So my problem is, that the raw html code of an iframe doesn't show up and can't be "translated".

Thanks,
Alex

September 18, 2019 at 5:18 am #4592501

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Alexander,

I made a few more tests and I could see that in the Advanced Translation Editor the content of the HTML element is not simply copied. I know that you mentioned String Translation in your first message. Can you try to go there (Dashboard → WPML → String translation), search for the content of the HTML element, add the translation to it, mark the Translation is complete box, and see if the translation is working this time, please? Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks,
Radu

September 18, 2019 at 9:16 am #4594263

alexanderR-24

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!