Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 6 months, 1 week ago.

Author Posts
October 19, 2023 at 8:08 am #14611999

nielsB-10

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Translate header footer

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Lot of forum but cant find the solution or why does not work. In the past we always made 2 headers (1 for each language) but that looks like is not possible anymore. String translation just dont show the translation. The menu "works"

Is there a similar example that we can see?

hidden link

What is the link to your site?

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-10-19 om 10.06.49.png
October 19, 2023 at 10:15 am #14613663

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

I can see from your screenshot that the strings are coming from Elementor. If that's the case, they shouldn't be translated in String Translation but in the Translation Editor, as per our documentation https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#translate-elementor-templates

So what you're experiencing is actually expected.

October 19, 2023 at 10:17 am #14613673

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

as I can see from your debug, I assume you are building header via Elementor templates. In that case, you should not use string translation to translate Elementor content.

Please try to follow the next guide and translate your header template via Translation Management:

- https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#translate-elementor-templates

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.
Drazen

October 19, 2023 at 1:51 pm #14615849

nielsB-10

Well tried all. We duplicate all but looks like i got it working again with duplicate. The header & footer was not possible to duplicate so tried string. (thought that this always will work)

The suggested way is just to complex and lot of extra work. (this is reason why we always duplicate)

Can you remove the link to the page cheers

nielsB-10 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-10-19 13:51:22.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.