This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.21 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 23, 2019 at 12:39 pm

niklasP-6

I am trying to: Translate text that have a list inside.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: List should not get rn and rnt added to the text.

Instead, I got: I got lists with rn and rnt if i check the code they have <p> around them.

This only happens when I translate the original page does not have this.

July 23, 2019 at 2:07 pm
July 24, 2019 at 9:05 am #4271967

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Niklas,

I created the helpdoc CPT on my website and the lists are working fine on both languages. There's only one more particularity on your website: the content is added inside of a Help Doc Main block. Can you tell me how did you create it, please? Also, can you try to create a new helpdoc, use default block, create the translation, and tell me how things work this time, please?

Thanks,
Radu

July 24, 2019 at 10:53 am #4273549

niklasP-6

Yes the "Help Doc Main Block" is a ACF Gutenberg block. Most of the fields area here.
hidden link

The field "column1_group" and then beneath that the field "innehåll"(id "column"). That field is a flexible content field. So it contains alot of different content types. The one we are using is text. The block file is here. theme/wp-bootstrap-starter-child-master/template-parts/blocks/helpdoc/helpdocmainblock.php Most of the code is withing function.php

July 24, 2019 at 1:50 pm #4275351

Radu
Supporter

Hey Niklas,

I'm trying to replicate this issue on my website by copying the block you created on your side. I finally managed to understand the hierarchy of fields and how are they working. There's only one more thing that I need help with. Where can I find the Help Doc Main block that you set on the location rule? I checked this page hidden link but I couldn't find that block so I can assign to the rule. Is there any other place I should check? I want to create it on my side, translate the block, and see how things work for me.

Thanks,
Radu

July 24, 2019 at 3:10 pm #4276051

niklasP-6

Are you talking about the php file? If so this is the file.

themes/wp-bootstrap-starter-child-master/template-parts/blocks/helpdoc/helpdocmainblock.php

Think you can edit/view it from here.
hidden link

If the question is where it is for use. You can find it under HelpDoc and add a gutenberg block Its in the folder Help Desk -> Help Doc main block

July 24, 2019 at 3:13 pm #4276057

niklasP-6

If the question was what ACF group it is... Then you can find it here. (Helpdocs block)
hidden link

column2_group, column3_group, column4_group, column5_group is clones of column1_group. So when i do changes i do it in "column1_group"

July 24, 2019 at 3:31 pm #4276113

niklasP-6

A good idéa to se whats going on could be to check the database directly after the translation is made/saved. Compare the two strings. then we know if it happens when its being rendered or if it happens when it's being saved. I dont know where to look but if you like to check on my site there is a php MY admin plugin that you can find in the menu. You can login there without a password.

July 24, 2019 at 3:39 pm #4276159

niklasP-6

I found it in the Database. I compared the English and the Swedish version. The content looks the same, there is no more hidden characters or anything. So I guess that means its when its being rendered.

July 24, 2019 at 3:45 pm #4276241

niklasP-6

In functions.php on row 841 i'm using get_sub_field('text') to get that content and render it. I dumped that content and it looks like the content coming from that get_sub_field('text') is wrong so it's nothing in my functions that create this problem. Also, my files are doing the same thing to both Swedish and English text.

July 29, 2019 at 9:02 am #4297989

Radu
Supporter

Hey Niklas,

Could you create a duplicator package and send it to me so I can create a copy of your website and check this a bit closer? I just want to be able to check everything that you mentioned in your last few messages and see what's going on. If I'll be able to replicate this one on a clean install, I'll definitely escalate it to the development team to find a fix.
Here's an article where you can find a few more details about how to create this package: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/. You can give me a heads-up once the package is done so I can go to the dashboard and download it.

Thanks,
Radu

July 29, 2019 at 9:29 am #4298167

niklasP-6

Ok I downloaded the duplicator and created a package. You can go and download it now. thanks

July 30, 2019 at 10:46 am #4306999

Radu
Supporter

Hey Niklas,

I was able to download the duplicator package and create a copy of your website on my computer. Now I'll check things out and come back to you with a new message.

Thanks,
Radu

August 1, 2019 at 10:58 am #4320847

niklasP-6

Any news on this ticket?

August 7, 2019 at 2:16 pm #4355903

niklasP-6

Hi Radu, dont know if Lauren gave you my findings around this problem?

The topic ‘[Closed] Trying to translate UL LI list and OL LI list’ is closed to new replies.