This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alaricV 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
June 28, 2019 at 8:42 am #4105615

alaricV

I've had contact with Bigul from support. He has helped me perfectly so far and I'm trying to finalize the Turkish language working correctly on Thalia.nl. Somehow it is still not working as it should.

Last message from Bigul from previous topic:
////////////////
JUNE 13, 2019 AT 12:37 PM #4012923

Hi Alaric,

Thank you for the updates. I have a few doubts about it to make sure of the issue.

1) You have hosted the live site and wpmltest site in the same server, am I right? Please check is there any difference in the settings of these two sites.

2) Please login to the live site and check you are getting the expected result or not

3) Please share more details about the server cache settings

4) Please let me know is there any difference in the result after the following steps

a) Clear all type of caches
b) Go to WPML>>Languages
c) Save *Language URL format* settings
d) Go to Settings>>Permalinks
e) Resave the permalink settings

--
Thanks!

Bigul
/////////////////

Firstly I translated all slugs back to dutch, as he recommend. Then I did all of the above steps. But thalia.nl/tr is still not working, and when I try to reach this page the whole language change gets messed up (mixed dutch/turkish instead of separation). He did managed to get it working on wpmltest.thalia.nl, but I don't understand what the difference is.

Answers to his above questions:"
1. Yes, correct. Same settings.
2. Don't get the same results, see above.
3. There is no caching set up on the server (also not within WordPress)
4. Did all the steps, not working correctly as I typed above these answers.

Could you please help to assist me with this so this can be solved?

Many thanks in advance,

Kind regards,
Alaric

June 28, 2019 at 9:20 am #4105973

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I have checked the thread you had with Bigul - can you tell me if the issue you're having is the following:
- on your production website, there are issues - possibly related to caching, this is what an issue of this kind might suggest
- on your staging domain, there are no issues even though the site is a clone of the production site

If yes, can you provide me more information about the issue? When I visit hidden link, I get error 404, page not found.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 28, 2019 at 9:42 am #4106213

alaricV

Hi Bruno,

Thank you for your quick reply.

It is on the production site where the issues still are present. Staging (wpmltest.thalia.nl) works good and it is a duplicate from live. Live is thalia.nl.

Caching on laptop: cleared.
Caching on server: not present.
Caching plugin: not present.
Caching on wpml: cleared by following the steps Bigul shared in my previous post. (is there other wpml caching perhaps?)

Still not working correctly.
Indeed thalia.nl/tr is not working correctly, but wpmltest.thalia.nl/tr is working correctly. I don't understand why.

Please keep in mind of the plugin Premmerce Permalink Manager. This is why Bigul advised me to keep turkish category slugs in dutch. This is also done on staging (wpmltest.thalia.nl), with the slug wpmltest.thalia.nl/tr/babyverzorging for example.

All the best,
Alaric

June 28, 2019 at 10:42 am #4106665

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

May I ask you if you tried (with Bigul) to move your website into our Cloudways platform? We can prepare staging site which uses no optimization techniques at all, no caching, nothing.

We can see and observe how your website behaves there - this will give us some ideas on what is going on behind the scenes.

Let me know if you haven't done this already and I will prepare a Cloudways setup for you and will send you all the required information we need to proceed.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 28, 2019 at 10:48 am #4106673

alaricV

Hi Bruno,

I didnt know about this. Does this cost money or part of the service?

Wpmltest.thalia.nl where Bigul set things up is working correctly though. I just dont know what else to do to get this working the same on thalia.nl.

Regards,
Alaric

June 28, 2019 at 1:00 pm #4107521

alaricV

Hi Bruno,

Thank you!

It is succesfully migrated. Although I didn't have to fill in the database username+password.
I agree with you testing on the migrated site, and deleting it when the issue is completed.

Looking forward to your upcoming solution(s) 🙂

Regards,
Alaric

June 28, 2019 at 2:40 pm #4108653

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi Alaric,

It looks the migration has been completed successfully.

Can you tell me now what are the issues I should be looking at? A list of issues we are encountering and images will certainly help. I do for example see that the homepage in Turkish returns 404 even on our Cloudways installation.

Also, please provide me with wp-admin info for the website - I have marked your next reply as as private so you can safely add it.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 1, 2019 at 9:35 am #4117081

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

hidden link seems to be working now - however, this is only with WPML and WooCommerce plug-ins active.
hidden link

Can you tell me if you were able to narrow down which plugin will cause /tr page to fail? Because based on these initial observations, I would say that we have a plugin conflict somewhere and we need to figure out which one.

Can you try the following - activate one plugin at a time and try opening the Turkish page (try using incognito mode, because of the browser caching). Can you see which plugin will make the Turkish page not working anymore?

Also, please don't activate "WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips" plugin - this one seems to be breaking our CW site for some reason, because I'm getting the following:

[01-Jul-2019 09:21:04 UTC] PHP Warning:  file_put_contents(/mnt/BLOCKSTORAGE/home/219772.cloudwaysapps.com/vbydwaxttp/public_html/wp-content/uploads/wpo_wcpdf/attachments/.htaccess): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/BLOCKSTORAGE/home/219772.cloudwaysapps.com/vbydwaxttp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-pdf-invoices-packing-slips/includes/class-wcpdf-main.php on line 450
[01-Jul-2019 09:21:04 UTC] PHP Warning:  touch(): Unable to create file /mnt/BLOCKSTORAGE/home/219772.cloudwaysapps.com/vbydwaxttp/public_html/wp-content/uploads/wpo_wcpdf/attachments/index.php because No such file or directory in /mnt/BLOCKSTORAGE/home/219772.cloudwaysapps.com/vbydwaxttp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-pdf-invoices-packing-slips/includes/class-wcpdf-main.php on line 451
[01-Jul-2019 09:21:04 UTC] PHP Warning:  mkdir(): No such file or directory in /mnt/BLOCKSTORAGE/home/219772.cloudwaysapps.com/vbydwaxttp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-pdf-invoices-packing-slips/includes/class-wcpdf-main.php on line 442
[01-Jul-2019 09:21:04 UTC] PHP Warning:  mkdir(): Permission denied in /mnt/BLOCKSTORAGE/home/219772.cloudwaysapps.com/vbydwaxttp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-pdf-invoices-packing-slips/includes/class-wcpdf-main.php on line 432
[01-Jul-2019 09:23:21 UTC] PHP Warning:  copy(/mnt/BLOCKSTORAGE/home/219772.cloudwaysapps.com/vbydwaxttp/public_html/wp-content/uploads/GeoLite2-Country.mmdb): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /mnt/BLOCKSTORAGE/home/219772.cloudwaysapps.com/vbydwaxttp/public_html/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-direct.php on line 281

We will get there eventually, but I would like to see if there's some other plugin causing translate pages not working.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 1, 2019 at 9:37 am #4117155

Bruno Kos
Supporter

(attaching Turkish homepage)

July 3, 2019 at 6:37 pm #4138551

alaricV

Hi Bruno,

Thank you for your reply!
My issue is resolved now. It seemed to be the plugin 'plugin load filter' that was causing the issue. It is working now 🙂

All the best,
Alaric