This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
June 19, 2019 at 9:01 pm #4054691

lynT

When I create a new translation job and assign it to a specific translator, other translators for that language pair (English -> Spanish for instance) are getting notified of this job. Is there a way to send notifications ONLY to the individual that has been assigned the job?

June 20, 2019 at 11:54 am #4059599

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

Would you please help reproduce this issue in a clean install? If reproduced I'll escalate it to our developers for further investigation and hopefully a fix.
Please use the following URL to log in, configure WPML similarly to your website, create a couple of translators, and reproduce this issue.
hidden link

I already installed WP Mail Logging to spot all the sent emails. You can also use the following emails, for translators, I will be receiving the emails if sent from our Advanced translation editor.
jamal.b+translator1@onthegosystems.com
jamal.b+translator2@onthegosystems.com

If you need to register the website, you can do it from your account page, as you have an unlimited number of websites.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

June 24, 2019 at 6:25 pm #4079171

lynT

Hi Jamal- I've added some posts and adjusted the WMPL settings. I also created some translation jobs and assigned them to you and I randomly. I have not received any email notifications. Can you confirm if there are any sent emails in the logging?

June 25, 2019 at 10:10 am #4083073

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

I don't know why, but I did not find the WP Mail Logging installed in the server. Our sandbox does not send emails, that's why I installed it in the first hand to catch the emails that WordPress will try to send.

I installed the plugin now and activated it, then I updated Translation Management to the latest release. I can see the 3 translators you have created.

Then I sent the sample page to translation in all languages to "Jamal b" and "Jamie" and I checked WP Mail Logging to see what emails were sent. As you can see in the attached image, the emails were sent only to those 2 translators.

Would you please try again? Create a post and send it to translation only to one translator, if the issue is reproduced, a notification should be sent to another translator with similar language pairs.

Please try this test and let me know what results you have got.

Best regards,
Jamal

The topic ‘[Closed] Turn off notifications to other translators’ is closed to new replies.