This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
May 4, 2018 at 8:21 pm #1981687

matthewG-8

Tell us what you are trying to do? I want the controls in my beaver builder plugin to remain in English while editing a Spanish page. For example, I do not want it to say "Guardar" for the "Save" button

Is there any documentation that you are following? Can't find it

Is there a similar example that we can see? it's on backend when using beaver builder

What is the link to your site? hidden link

May 7, 2018 at 3:04 pm #2015087

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please try the following steps and make sure you are getting the expected result or. Check the attached image for more details.

1) Visit Users>>Profile
2) Choose *English* as your profile language
3) Choose *Set admin language as editing language.* option for *Editing language:* of *WPML language settings*
4) Then update the profile

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 7, 2018 at 5:53 pm #2018454

matthewG-8

thanks for help. This looks like it should have fixed issue, but it still shows other language in the control bars, etc, when using pagebuilder

May 8, 2018 at 11:09 am #2028834

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. Please share me a couple of screenshots for a better understanding of the issue.

Please note, if an admin visits a post/page in the frontend, the admin bar(on the top header) icons and links will be in the language selected post/page. It is an expected result because of the following reasons.

1) It is hard to filter ONLY the admin bar to be in a specific language

2) If we do so it will lead to the performance issue, because we have to reload the Footer also

3) It is normal in WordPress that admin bar to be in the language that you are in the frontend

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 8, 2018 at 12:37 pm #2030220

matthewG-8

Hi Bigul,

If you look at my original post, you will see the screenshot I attached, which shows a Beaver Builder text editor module open.

- At the top, instead of it reading 'Text Editor', it displays the Spanish equivalent: 'Editor de Texto'
- At the bottom, it reads 'Guardar' (instead of 'Save'), and so on...

I do not want these to display in Spanish, as it makes it difficult for me to determine what is the correct action to take. I don't want to accidentally hit 'discard' if I'm intending to 'Save', for example.

As for the top WP admin bar, I would prefer it to all be in English as well, if that's possible.

In other words, I do not want anything to be translated, except the areas I am manually adding the translations, since I am only copying and pasting the provided translations for the front-end user.

Perhaps that is better way to explain my goal -- I do NOT want anything translated in the backend.

Hopefully that makes sense.
Again, please refer to the screenshot (hidden link) for clarification.

thx
-matt

May 8, 2018 at 5:47 pm #2037621

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access admin area of your site for further checking. Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Turn off Translations for pagebuilder plugin info’ is closed to new replies.