This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
April 17, 2019 at 1:05 pm #3630991

irenaI

I am trying to: Disable the translation of product tags. After unlocking and set the options - Product tags(product_tag), Tags(product_visibility),Tags(product_type). In my wpml-config is
i am not sure why its not to 0. I did try changing to 0 but nothing happen. (this is from woo multilang plugin config.)
<taxonomies>
<taxonomy translate="1">product_cat</taxonomy>
<taxonomy translate="1">product_tag</taxonomy>
<taxonomy translate="0">product_type</taxonomy>
<taxonomy translate="0">shop_order_status</taxonomy>
<taxonomy translate="0">product_visibility</taxonomy>
<taxonomy translate="1">product_shipping_class</taxonomy>
</taxonomies>

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: In admin dashboard

I expected to see: No error

Instead, I got:
Some taxonomies in your site are forced to be untranslatable. This is causing a problem when you're trying to run a multilingual WooCommerce site.

A plugin or the theme are probably doing this.

What you can do:

1. Temporarily disable plugins and see if this message disappears.

2. Temporarily switch the theme and see if this message disappears.

It's best to contact WPML support, tell that you're getting this message and offer to send a Duplicator copy of the site. We will work with the theme/plugin author and fix the problem for good. In the meanwhile, we'll give you a temporary solution, so you're not stuck.

April 17, 2019 at 1:49 pm #3631455

irenaI

I tried to reverse all and for some weird reason now i have in woo multilang Tags tab and custom taxonomy tags ?!?!? in the custom taxonomy tags i have some tags that i didnt add at all. Tag terms
exclude-from-catalog

exclude-from-search

featured

outofstock

rated-1

rated-2

rated-3

rated-4

rated-5

April 17, 2019 at 2:50 pm #3632047

irenaI

I did a backup and i would like to know how to turn off the translation of woocommerce tags. Also in this way i will be able to set different tags for each translation right ?

EDIT: Those are all taxonomies that i have
category post_tag nav_menu link_category post_format action-group product_type product_visibility product_cat product_tag product_shipping_class pa_capacities pa_material pa_neck-type pa_number-of-containers pa_utilizationpa_wall-type translation_priority

In the screen shot at product you can see i have 2 times Tags and 1 time product tag which i cant disable either by wpml config or settings ( in settings i get the error).

April 17, 2019 at 6:23 pm #3634211

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please try the following steps and let me know you are getting the expected result or not.

1) Visit WPML>>Settings
2) Choose *Custom XML configuration* tab
3) Add the following language configuration code in *Custom XML configuration* field

<wpml-config>
    <taxonomies>
        <taxonomy translate="0">product_tag</taxonomy>
    </taxonomies>
</wpml-config>  

4) Save the changes

Please check the following documentation and attached images for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#custom-taxonomies

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 22, 2019 at 12:03 pm #3655647

irenaI

Hello, thanks for reply but the solution didnt help. Its showing the error. I send you debug information. Let me know if you need anything else.

April 22, 2019 at 5:58 pm #3657669

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 23, 2019 at 2:32 pm #3664717

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the login information. Please check the attached images. Product Tag taxonomy is set as not translated now.

So please share more details about the current issue or the exact steps to reproduce it for a better understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 24, 2019 at 8:51 am #3670601

irenaI

At your screenshot you can see the ERROR ? What do you mean by reproduce the issue ? I was able to acomplish to this point and before starting a ticket.
I cant add separate tags for each translation of product - its sync between the translations. I dont want the tags to be sync. I want individual tags. Thats why i dont need to translate them.

April 24, 2019 at 3:38 pm #3674817

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. Please check the attached image. Hope you have to mention this warning.

For your kind updates, if we a taxonomy as *Not Translate* then that taxonomy's terms will be available in all the languages. Because it will not be language dependent.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 25, 2019 at 7:35 am #3679533

irenaI

Yes thats the error i mention it. I know that the tags will be available at all languages. But why i have this error ?

April 25, 2019 at 7:37 am #3679583

irenaI

Also i cant set independent tags per language because its sync the main product language tags. I want to exclude the tags of sync and edit each product per language and set the tags individualy.

April 25, 2019 at 7:55 am #3679751

irenaI

Ok ill leave the tags with translation i guess it will be much longer to help me with this issue. Now when i remove the xml change its not removing the error. Then i went to settings and unlick product_tags set it to translation. Then i get this error We detected that the product_type field was set incorrectly for some product translations. This happened because the product_type taxonomy was translated. You can fix this in the WooCommerce Multilingual troubleshooting page.

?!?!?!? Why when i do some change another error occurs ?

April 25, 2019 at 7:58 am #3679901

irenaI

When i go to Fix product_type taxonomy terms in troubleshooting page this button i guess is not working or idk. Its says done but nothing change. How to not have any errors ?!?!?

April 25, 2019 at 8:00 am #3679903

irenaI

After second try the error was gone. Close the ticket

April 25, 2019 at 2:33 pm #3683527

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. Happy to know the issue is resolved now. Instead of changing the language configuration directly by editing the *wpml-config.xml* please do it by adding the WPML language configuration in *Custom XML configuration* section of WPML>>Settings. Because it is easy to handle and we can avoid altering the plugin files.

Please check the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#custom-taxonomies

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files

--
Thanks!

Bigul