This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
June 26, 2019 at 11:13 am #4091863

alexL-45

Everytime i clone the website "icuci88.com" to another new website then on the new website always twice image ? I think it is because WPML affect

June 26, 2019 at 2:47 pm #4093317

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I see that this topic has been split by my colleague Noman and he suggested the following:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/header-and-footer-not-showing-chinese-translation/#post-4091913

Have you tried cloning the website using Duplicator - is the issue present after using it as well?

Can you tell me the following:
- how are you actually duplicating/cloning websites?
- The double image issue - are you referring to database duplicates/media library duplicates, or generally duplicates that are visible on the front end through posts/pages/etc?

Any information - especially screenshots and links - will be very helpful.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 27, 2019 at 2:14 am #4095617

alexL-45

Hi Bruno,

Yes. I am using Duplicator plugin then everytime i dupllicate then install in new website after i deactivate the plugin then my image, page, menu, elementor template will show duplicate.

Thank You

June 27, 2019 at 6:41 am #4096913

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

This is not a bug - this is in fact how the whole thing works.

after i deactivate the plugin then my image, page, menu, elementor template will show duplicate.

This happens because all translations (pages, posts, menus, images...) are in fact regular WordPress content and not some specific WPML content. Therefore if you deactivate WPML, this content will be visible just as any other content on the website (like original pages for example). WPML, through its tables, creates connection between originals and translations and all of this information is stored within _icl database tables.

If you want to remove translated content only, you can go with something like the following:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/remove-all-translation-data/#post-1272745

So you would open menus for example or pages, switch dashboard language to secondary languages and delete all those pages (so not originals, but there translations). You would delete them as you would delete any other content.

Regards,
Bruno Kos