Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by daanR 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
April 16, 2021 at 3:08 pm #8557083

daanR

Hi,

I've implemented all WPML function and the site is almost finished, but I've encountered two errors. One is when I run the site through inspect element and there is the below notification popping up. What can I do about it?

hidden link

The other thing is a problem with the URL format, please see attached screenshot.

Hope you can help me fix this.

Screenshot 2021-04-16 at 17.06.15.png
April 17, 2021 at 1:21 am #8559357

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

When I visit your site I currently can view the front end as expected for both default language and secondary language.

This is a common false-positive notice, and the best way to verify this is by visiting the front end.

if the front end is displaying as expected, then this is verified as false negative and you can continue using the URL Structure without problems

if you are seeing an error 500, blank page or error 503 in the front end and its resolved by changing the URL Structure then we will need to further inspect the issue.

Regarding the first issue, if possible please give me some additional information so I can better understand

April 18, 2021 at 1:44 pm #8564983

daanR

Hi Bobby, thanks for clearing that up!
The other one is a notification that I receive when I open the site in Safari and use the Inspect Element option. There is a notification sign, that says this link is missing, but perhaps that is also a false positive, because it refers to the language switcher in the top menu

hidden link

April 19, 2021 at 4:25 pm #8574475

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

I have visited your front end and the switcher seems to work as expected.

Are you seeing this in the console when viewing the front end or backend?

The front end console for me is clear.

NOTE: from what you shared with me it could possibly be either a cached console warning or triggered by a 3rd party plugin, however, I am not seeing it at the moment and it should not cause any problems with how the site or WPML performs

Let me know your results, please.

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 9.23.44 AM.png
April 19, 2021 at 5:14 pm #8574965

daanR

Hi Bobby, I'm not seeing the notification on the front end, so I expect that it's from the back end. Will leave it at then 🙂 Thanks