This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
January 23, 2019 at 2:45 pm #3121050

mattiN-3

Hello, I have a Woocommerce site and can't get rid of the other language switcher on a single product page, here is an example:

hidden link

The site is in Finnish and I have English hidden right now, but you should see a dropdown switcher and another Finnish flag there. I only need the dropdown, can you point me to the correct section in options or CSS to get rid of the other flag? Thanks!

ps. I can make another ticket as well BUT if possible, could you give a quick hint how to translate the "tuote" in the url above to english word "product"?

January 23, 2019 at 4:13 pm #3121590

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

It seems that the second language switcher is generated by the theme you are using.

It seems there have been multiple tickets opened on the Enfold theme support form like this one:
hidden link

You can simply use this CSS code to stop displaying it:

.av-language-switch-item {
    display: none;
}

Regarding your second question, you should be able to translate that by using the WooCommerce Multilingual add-on.

Here you can find more about that (I think you are referring to the product category base):
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#product-category-base

Please let me know if this solved your issue or if you still need help. 🙂

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai