This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:Two tlds for Germany and Switzerland

Solution:The issue was host related

Relevant Documentation:

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by brunoB-32 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 5, 2019 at 10:22 am

brunoB-32

I am trying to use WPML to run my website on two ccTLDs, one for Germany (hidden link) and one for Switzerland (hidden link). I want to serve the .de page to German (de-DE) and the Swiss-German to Switzerland (de-CH). The page content will differ only slightly in content and will both be in German.

I followed the protocol from https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/ to the best of my knowledge but WPML is unable to validate the Swiss domain.

My Apache configuration is:
<VirtualHost 37.17.224.126>
DocumentRoot "/home/www/wordpress"
ServerName brunobiermann.de
ServerAlias brunobiermann.ch
# ...
</VirtualHost>

Thanks!

July 5, 2019 at 10:08 pm #4154059

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

when i visit your domain with the .ch i get the following error " brunobiermann.ch’s server IP address could not be found." , this seems to be hosting related as i cannot reach the server IP address meaning that this is why WPML is most likely not able to verify upon saving.

please confirm that you are pointing both domain names to the same WordPress installation

also if possible contact your host provider and let me know their feedback

July 10, 2019 at 2:29 pm #4181439

brunoB-32

Thank you Bobby, I was able to fix the problem with my host. 🙂