If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by radomirJ 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
August 21, 2019 at 9:20 pm #4435147

radomirJ

I am trying to:
Die Beiträge (Posts) sind zwar übersetzt und veröffentlciht, werden aber in den anderen Sprachen (PL & ENG) nicht angezeigt. Es kommt nur eine blank site.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: translated postings

Instead, I got: nothing, blank site

August 21, 2019 at 10:11 pm #4435185

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

That is very weird - it seems that not even the individual posts are not showing the translation when I'm on one of them (for example here - hidden link) and I try to change the flag language.

My guess is that the translations might have not been fully published yet (the translations should show a pencil-edit icon next to the flag in the WordPress backend - if they are showing arrows in a circle icon or a gear icon, then the translation has not been fully published and it needs to be re-saved once more).

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

PS: Just a note that I am at the end of my shift at the moment and I will be able to get back to you tomorrow.

If you would prefer to not wait for a ticket response, you can mark this current ticket as resolved and in the process of creating a new ticket, you can select the "Live chat" option (it should be the default method now).

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

August 23, 2019 at 2:43 pm #4448231

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Radomir and thank you for the credentials.

I was able to log into the backend successfully.

I was also able to confirm that the pencil icon is there, too.

My guess is that there might be a compatibility issue between WPML and at least one of the plugins that you are using (or the active theme) that's conflicting with the WPML functionality.

Can you please try this:

- First of all, please create a full backup of the site.

Then:

- disable all plugins except WPML and its add-ons
- check if the issue is happening again
- if it's not, reactivate your plugins one by one, checking every time if the issue shows up again so that you can understand which plugin is causing that issue

If the issue happens even with the non-WPML plugins disabled:

- leave all the non-WPML plugins deactivated
- switch to a default theme like TwentySeventeen
- try to recreate the issue now

Please let me know how that goes and what you will be able to find.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

August 23, 2019 at 7:42 pm #4449613

radomirJ

Hi Michai,
thank you for your help.

The Theme "Ocean" works perfectly. What I found out is, that the Elementor Pro with it's Theme Builder for Single Sites "post" doesn't work with WPML.

I turned the theme for postings off and now every thing works.

What now? Do you contact the Elementor Team to fix this bug?

Regards Radomir.

August 26, 2019 at 12:25 pm #4458421

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Radomir.

Thank you for the comprehensive information and I am happy to hear that you were able to find a workaround.

Can you please let me know where I can find in the backend that option that you are talking about that you currently turned off and made things work?

Our plugins are compatible with Elementor and Elementor Pro but there might be an incompatibility happening when this theme you are using is included in the "game".

Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Mihai

August 26, 2019 at 3:08 pm #4460081

radomirJ

Hi Mihai,

I know that WPML is compatible with Elementor & Pro but something doesn't work or went wrong with the Elementor Theme Builder for postings.

Templates -> Theme Builder -> legalpartners_post
(build with Elementor Pro as posting theme, the other themes we build with it are working perfect.

Regards,
Radomir

August 27, 2019 at 12:23 pm #4466425

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hmm, that is weird.

I think this (hidden link) was the one you were referring to, right?

Maybe there was a hiccup on the server when this template was created?

Can you recreate the template and see if the issue is still happening?

Please let me know if this got resolved or if the issue is still happening.

Kind regards,
Mihai

September 4, 2019 at 7:40 am #4508815

radomirJ

Hi Michai,

sorry for the late reply, but we have had to push forward other projects.
The posting theme will be created again tomorrow and I will get back to you.

Regards,
Radomir

September 5, 2019 at 8:50 am #4517287

radomirJ

Hi Michai,

We have created a new template. Unfortunately, once you activate this template, the problem persists. What seems strange is that it only makes the "Posting Theme" tweak. All other templates work fine.

What next?

Regards,
Radomir