Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How to delete translation job from database Solution: There is one thing you could try - it is about deleting the translation job directly from database (even though not the most recommended thing, because generally things should not be solved directly within database, unless that is the only solution). You will do it like this: - open translation jobs page, check the page ID - open database, table wp_icl_translate_job - find the corresponding "rid" of value for the job and delete it

If you proceed with this, make sure to create a full site backup and test everything before and that (or even better, try this on the staging site first).

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kathleenB-2 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
November 6, 2019 at 11:52 am #4897815

kathleenB-2

Hallo,

ich habe einen Übersetzungsauftrag, den ich nicht löschen kann.

Die Seite hatte ich angefangen, musste aber geändert werden und nun macht die Übersetzung dieser einzelnen Seite momentan keinen Sinn für uns.

Nun werde ich aber permanent erinnert, dass der Auftrag nicht abgeschlossen ist, daher würde ich den Übersetzungsauftrag gern löschen. Allerdings passiert nichts, wenn ich auf das grau hinterlegte x-Kreuz klicke.
Was kann ich tun?

Freundliche Grüße
Kathleen

November 6, 2019 at 12:56 pm #4898345

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I'm not sure what went wrong here. You are translating this page yourself, right? And not through translation service?

There is one thing you could try - it is about deleting the translation job directly from database (even though not the most recommended thing, because generally things should not be solved directly within database, unless that is the only solution). You will do it like this:
- open translation jobs page, check the page ID
- open database, table wp_icl_translate_job
- find the corresponding "rid" of value for the job and delete it

If you proceed with this, make sure to create a full site backup and test everything before and that (or even better, try this on the staging site first). In my images, you can see how it looks like (I pointed to the wrong ID in the database this image, it is 26,but you can also see this according to page title).

Regards,
Bruno Kos

November 7, 2019 at 3:52 pm #4907695

kathleenB-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!