This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
August 23, 2019 at 3:45 pm #4448533

andreaB-79

hidden link

I have been cloning my forms in English and translating them to Russian as per your instructions here -> https://wpml.org/forums/topic/ultimate-member-plugin-translations/

That means for one form, I really have two because I have the English and the Russian translated version. So for example, my registration form, I have an English and a Russian version.

Now, I'm using the same meta keys for their respective fields between the two forms. So the field "Areas of Treatment Focus" uses the meta key "Focus" on both the English and the Russian form.

This is actually how I want it to be. However, my problem comes in, that my directory doesn't know if it should pull the English or the Russian text for my field names since the forms share the same meta tags between fields. So currently on my English version of the page hidden link I'm actually getting field names in Russian.

This is with the exception of the "E-mail Address" and "Phone Number" fields. This is because Ultimate Member gives you pre-defined fields and custom fields to use on your forms. So the predefined fields work as they should. It's the custom fields that have the problem.

August 25, 2019 at 9:43 am #4453753

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Can you try to go to WPML > Themes and plugins localization and see if enable/disable the checkbox "assume all the strings are in English" helps?

If not, I'd ask you to reproduce the issue in this Sandbox: hidden link

Since as you noted, the issue only exists with custom fields, probably our Compatibility team will need to take a look.

The topic ‘[Closed] Ultimate Member Directory confused in what field label to pull with same Meta ke’ is closed to new replies.