This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by cwd 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 9, 2019 at 3:06 pm

cwd

Hello WPML support,

I am using Ultimate Member with WPML, and the post and comment tabs on my English profile page show the original English links instead of the links to the translated pages.

As shown in the attached screenshot, the link of the Japanese post "小田巻き蒸し" should be …
example.com/ja/recipe/odamakimushi/
instead of …
example.com/recipe/odamakimushi/

The link to the comments has the same issue.

I also translated the English profile page into French, German, Spanish and Portuguese, but they SHOW the links correctly.

The actual link to the profile page is described in the private message.

Example of translated profile pages:
example.com/fr/user/username/?profiletab=posts
example.com/de/user/username/?profiletab=posts
example.com/es/user/username/?profiletab=posts
example.com/pt-br/user/username/?profiletab=posts

However, English and Japanese Profile pages DON'T show the translated links correctly.

example.com/user/username/?profiletab=posts
example.com/ja/user/username/?profiletab=posts

Could you look into the issue?

I provided the admin access to my staging site.

* Please NOTE there are TWO kinds of username and password. One is for the WordPress admin and another one is for my staging site. The username and password for the staging site are described in FTP details below the WordPress username and password.

Thank you for your support.

Beat Regards,

September 10, 2019 at 12:45 pm
September 10, 2019 at 2:06 pm #4546241

cwd

Hello,

That was my mistake and I fixed it now. Sorry. You can see the profile in multiple languages as shown in the attached screenshot.

Please note that only English and Japanese profile pages have issues. The profiles in other languages show the correct translated links.

You can see the link contains "/ja/" in the Spanish page but the English page doesn't have it. For the Japanese profile page, please check the link of the French post below the Japanese post.

The login and password that you typed in the screenshot are to access the staging site. The credentials for WordPress are described in WordPress access details above the FTP access details in my previous private message.

Thank you so much for your support.

Best,

September 10, 2019 at 2:27 pm #4546427

cwd

This is a follow-up of the profile pages.

In the original message, I wrote ...
> The link to the comments has the same issue.
but it seems that was not correct.

I tested again (attached screenshot) and noticed the English profile shows only English comments and Japanese profile shows only Japanese comments. This behavior is OK because the links are correct.

In the case of the Post tab, it shows posts in all languages and the English and Japanese profiles return wrong links.

Best,

September 10, 2019 at 4:17 pm #4547313

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I was able to reproduce this issue on a fresh installation (sandbox site) here:
hidden link

The reason that you are getting "wrong links" is because those particular posts are translated. It seems that if the post is translated, the profile page will hold onto the original language URL even when showing the translated posts.

In a simplified example on the sandbox site, I have created the following posts:
- English Post (EN)
- French Post (FR)
- Spanish Post (ES)
- Hello World! (EN), Hola Mundo (ES, translated), Salut Monde (FR, translated)

Here is the profile page that shows all the posts:
hidden link

As you see, the 2 translated posts show the original language URL even if they are showing the translated title.

So this is a compatibility problem between WPML and the plugin.

I´ve checked our current list of compatible plugins and I do not find this plugin included in the current listing:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

In this case, I will need to escalate this issue to our compatibility team for investigation and possible work. I need to inform you that it is not our policy to touch code that has not been written by our own programmers. For this reason, a compatibility solution requires the collaboration of the plugin authors. Sometimes there is never a solution delivered and this can be becuase the plugin author does not respond to our attempts to reach out or maybe the solution requires too much code change and the author is unwilling to implement the required changes.

In short, compatibility tickets CAN take a long time to resolve. We will do our best to find a workaround but it will be provided "as is" and with no further support.

I would highly recommend that you reach out to the plugin author describing the problem and ask them to join the GoGlobal program where they will receive support to become WPML compatible.

In the meantime, I can go ahead and escalate this ticket if you have no further questions.

September 11, 2019 at 8:09 am #4551269

cwd

Thank you so much for confirming the compatibility issue between WPML and Ultimate Member. I will contact the plugin developer.