Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When a user logs in using Ultimate Member in a secondary language, the user is not directed to the correctly translated login url.

Solution: Add the following admin texts to the String Translation table and translate them: um_cached_role_member - auto_approve_url - login_redirect_url - logout_redirect_url

You can do this by going to WPML > String Translation and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link "Translate texts in admin screens »". Then, scroll through that page and see if you find the the string. If so, tick the checkbox and click Apply to add it to the String Translation table. Now you can go back to WPML > String Translation and you should see the string added there.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Mark 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
February 22, 2018 at 6:36 am

Ilana Wilner

Hi!

I am using the Ultimate Member plugin. Under "User Roles" we have the option to redirect to a URL on login. I have translated/duplicated the User Role into French which should allow me to redirect to the French page. But for some reason it isn't working...

I have attached a screenshot of what the English and French User Roles page in the admin area with the relevant sections underlined in red.

Here are the steps to recreate the issue:

1. Go to hidden link

2. In the main navigation, select French from the WPML language drop down.

3. Then select 'Registre' (Register) in the main navigation.

4. Please fill in the Registration form (This is a development site - so you can put in any dummy text.) For the question How will you use the stories and activities - select home use so you don't have to answer additional questions.

5. Once you click register, you should be automatically redirected to the following page as it is specified on the French site
hidden link

However instead you will be redirected to the following page on the English site
hidden link

** The same thing happens when you login - you are redirected to the English page rather than the French page.

I am hoping that there is a solution to this.

Thanks!

February 22, 2018 at 7:32 am #1525762

Ilana Wilner

One additional note:

I was again testing on the site and noticed that when I register/login on the English site it now goes to the French version of the page. And if I register/login on the French site it also goes to the French version of the page. I am not sure how it changed, but the issue still persists - it just may be the reverse of what I described above.

February 22, 2018 at 3:05 pm #1526339

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

From your screenshots, it looks like you are adding the translated URLs to the plugin settings. This is not correct, because using the admin language switcher at the top of the page won't save the different URLs in the different languages. Each time you save the URL, no matter which language, it will overwrite both languages. The correct way to translate this string is via the String Translation table.

Please go to WPML -> String Translation and look for the URL string there. If you don't find it, you may need to add it from the admin texts. To do this, go to WPML > String Translation and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link "Translate texts in admin screens »". Then, scroll through that page and see if you find the the string. If so, tick the checkbox and click Apply to add it to the String Translation table. Now you can go back to WPML > String Translation and you should see the string added there.

Once the URL is translated in String Translation, please let me know if it redirects as expected. I tried logging in to check this for you, but the credentials provided are not allowing me to login. Feel free to update your original post with working credentials and I can double check everything.

February 22, 2018 at 7:57 pm #1526727

Ilana Wilner

Thank you for your help!!

I found the strings and tried to add them to the table... but like the previous time it isn't appearing on the String Translation page after I apply them. Last time you were able to help - see this ticket here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/using-different-logos-per-language-cant-find-string-translation-that-was-added/

I tried following the instructions from this ticket - but still can't seem to make it work. I looked to try to replicate the final solution that did work in that ticket, "add the string to your theme's Language Configuration file" but I am not sure as last time it was a theme string and this time it is a plugin string.

The 3 items I am trying to add are as follows:

um_cached_role_member
- auto_approve_url
- login_redirect_url
- logout_redirect_url

Any ideas?

(Btw. I have reset the password to the one listed in the initial ticket... so you should be able to login to WordPress now. I tried it and was able to log in.)

THANK YOU!!

February 22, 2018 at 8:07 pm #1526733

Ilana Wilner

Just in case it helps... I wanted to confirm that all of this is done:

WP_MEMORY_LIMIT= 128M
WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT=256M
php_value max_input_vars 6000

hidden link

February 22, 2018 at 8:32 pm #1526742

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

I was able to add the URLs to your String Translation table by going to WPML -> Translation Management -> Custom XML Configuration. Please translate the URLs and let me know if this resolves the issue. Thanks!

February 22, 2018 at 11:21 pm #1526886

Ilana Wilner

Thanks Lauren! That was it! I was even able to add an additional item and it worked!

September 24, 2018 at 5:43 pm #2761491

Mark

Hi Lauren,

Could you please copy paste the actual XML code you used?
I have been sweating for hours now to figure out the proper syntax - yet, I cannot achieve the same result as the OP.
Checking out a couple of dozens support tickets, generally would be helpful to include the actual codes, but most of the tickets ending with people being happy but not disclosing the actual codes.
Please, kindly post the XML code here.

Thanks!