This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rohan Sadanandan 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
July 19, 2019 at 11:50 am #4246131

thomasK-93

Hello,

I have an purchaset WPML Multilingual CMS on my website. And i also have an WPML Multilingual CMS Lifetime that i will shift to instead and use for future on my website

I have registered WPML Multilingual CMS Lifetime on WordPress but only "WooCommerce Multilingual" and "WPML Multilingual CMS" can be updated on WordPress Control panel -> Plugins

How can i get all my WPML plugins updated on my website without breaking any off my sensitive data i have saved and such?
These are the plugins that i can't get updated on WordPress interface:
- Gravity Forms Multilingual
- WPML Media
- WPML String Translation
- WPML Translation Management

July 19, 2019 at 1:18 pm #4246693

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Please enable the Debug Information so that we can provide faster support.

Please go to WPML > Support > Debug Information and give me the information in the next reply. You can read the detailed instruction here: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

From the information you have provided, it seems that you have only installed the 2 plugins you have mentioned.

For installing other WPML add-ons and updating the existing versions please navigate to the Plugin Commercials tab(the screenshot you have sent is of the same page)

Select the checkbox next to each of the plugins & click the Download button on the bottom of the page & also select the Activate after download checkbox.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,
Rohan

July 21, 2019 at 12:48 pm #4252169

thomasK-93

This doesn't work. All the plugins i have mentioned are already installed.
If i download and activate these plugins below in "Plugin Commercials tab" they will get duplicated because i have already manual uploaded them in an FTP client and activatet.
- Gravity Forms Multilingual
- WPML Media
- WPML String Translation
- WPML Translation Management

July 22, 2019 at 1:48 pm #4258099

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

From the screenshot, it is showing that an update is available for the plugin.
Other add-on plugins seen in the screenshot are already in the latest version.
Could you please try to update the plugin by clicking on "update now"?

Also, please enable the Debug Information so that we can provide faster support.

Please go to WPML > Support > Debug Information and give me the information in the next reply. You can read the detailed instruction here: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thanks,
Rohan

July 22, 2019 at 6:30 pm #4260755

thomasK-93

Hello,

That is not correctly seen, try look at the image before again. My WPML String Translation plugin version is 2.10.4 VS new "Version 2.10.5.1".

See also the not possible task on the new image

July 23, 2019 at 7:32 am #4263317

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.
Instructions to send private information are here: hidden link

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thanks,
Rohan

July 29, 2019 at 10:43 am #4298863

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the admin details. For finding the issue, it requires further debugging.
So please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

Also please make sure that you have backup of your files & database as we may try to update the plugin from our end.

Thanks,
Rohan

July 29, 2019 at 8:08 pm #4303351

thomasK-93

Hello,

Permission is granted.

July 30, 2019 at 11:35 am #4307239

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

The debugging is completed.
The issue has happened because the plugin directories(which you have uploaded manually) were renamed differently from the default values. WPML cannot detect the plugins if plugin directory names are changed from the default value.

You can follow the below steps to install/update the WPML & add-on plugins:

1. Remove all the WPML add-on plugins you have installed manually(Don't remove the WPML main plugin, only remove the add-ons you have installed manually using the files).
2. Navigate to Plugins > Add New > Commercial Tab
3. Check the box next to the Plugins you need & select "Activate after download" & click on the download button.

Once all the plugins are installed, please check your site.
Also, if any strings are missing, you can navigate to WPML > Theme and plugins localization & scan in the plugin or theme for the strings.

NOTE:
Also, make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

In the future, if you upload plugins manually, try to keep the directory names the same as you get from the WPML website.

Thanks,
Rohan

July 31, 2019 at 7:44 pm #4317443

thomasK-93

Thanks for your help

At "1."
Which method should i choose when removing those add-ons, is it in FTP client or WordPress Control panel -> Plugins

And will i lose my stored data strings and such, if so how do i prevent it?

August 1, 2019 at 5:22 am #4318811

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

You can remove the plugin directories from the FTP or you can remove from the WordPress admin. You will not lose any data.
Also, make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Thanks,
Rohan