We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kai Fickenscher 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
September 24, 2019 at 12:10 pm

Kai Fickenscher

Hi,

I have restored a back up of my website and since that time I am unable to activate the app WPML.
I get this message :
Warning: include(/home/lapanth1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms-/vendor/composer/../../classes/logs/interface-wpml-log.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/lapanth1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444

Warning: include(/home/lapanth1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms-/vendor/composer/../../classes/logs/interface-wpml-log.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/lapanth1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/lapanth1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms-/vendor/composer/../../classes/logs/interface-wpml-log.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php70/usr/share/pear') in /home/lapanth1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444

Fatal error: Interface 'WPML_Log' not found in /home/lapanth1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms-/classes/xml-config/class-wpml-config-update-log.php on line 6

September 24, 2019 at 12:32 pm #4631549

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

This may be happening because some files will be missing after the backup restore. Please try the following steps and check you are getting the expected result or not.

1) Delete the *WPML Multilingual CMS* plugin from the plugin directory
2) Deactivate other WPML plugins
3) Download it from WPML.org>>Downloads (https://wpml.org/account/downloads/)
4) Upload it to the plugin directory
5) Activate it

Thanks,
Rohan

September 25, 2019 at 12:16 pm #4638627

Kai Fickenscher

Hello Rohan,

If I do this, will I lose all the translations that have been made before? That would be an issue.

Thank you

September 25, 2019 at 12:42 pm #4638843

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

All the translations are saved in the database. So no need to worry about the same as you are only deleting the plugin files.

It's always a good practice to make a backup of your site(both files and database) before updating/proceeding anything.

Thanks,
Rohan

September 25, 2019 at 3:37 pm #4640657

Kai Fickenscher

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!