Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Max 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Max.

Author Posts
February 27, 2021 at 10:39 am #8186433

yvanF

Hi Guys,

I have the same problem as other people when I try to download my plug-in from your website, I tested at my job and at my house and I can’t download the zip file, always an html file.

I could see that you have a bunch of this problem if you do some research on Google with "cannot download wpml on the download page", so please do not ask me to clear cache, use an in private session or another browser, the usual things you already asked to everybody. Instead could you please fix this bug or give me a link that work where I can download my plug-ins?

I wasted enough time looking for a solution, sorry to be rude but this is really annoying, especially when you know there is a problem with your website but you do nothing to fix it and keep asking the same question to all users who faces the same problem and act like nothing is wrong with your website, thanks.

February 27, 2021 at 6:05 pm #8187631

Max
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Russian (Русский ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello there,

Please check my private reply above.

As far as I'm aware we don't have any recent reports of technical issues with downloading ZIP files in user profiles.

If you could make a video of the issue it would greatly help in determining the root cause. You can upload the video to a cloud storage and share the link in your next reply.

February 27, 2021 at 7:17 pm #8187819

yvanF

Thanks Max for your help will download this monday at my office. You can do a Google search with the phrase "cannot download wpml on the download page" and you will see post with this exact same issue on your website from 2019 and 2020. FYI

February 27, 2021 at 8:22 pm #8187861

Max
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Russian (Русский ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hello again,

Once you install and activate the WPML plugin, you will then be able to register it and update/download other WPML plugins easily in your WordPress administration dashboard:

https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#register:~:text=Registering%20WPML%20allows%20you%20to%20receive%20automatic%20updates%20directly%20to%20the%20WordPress%20admin.

Please let me know if you're unable to do this.

March 1, 2021 at 7:02 am #8193575

yvanF

Nope, same old issue. Did clear the cache, change browser, use in private, logout and login,...

Sans-titre-1.jpg
March 2, 2021 at 8:50 pm #8212007

Max
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you for the screenshot! Which OS and version of Firefox are you using? I just tried with latest Firefox on a Mac and it worked.

Also, I enabled debug information for this support ticket. Here's how to get this information from your site and provide it to us:

http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Once I have all the info, I can escalate it to our systems team.

download-file.jpg

The topic ‘[Closed] Unable to download my plug in form your website’ is closed to new replies.