If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Leigh Cassell 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
August 30, 2019 at 6:41 pm

Leigh Cassell

I have been using the classic editor. I changed my settings to use the advanced editor for new pages and it opened one my current "classic" pages in the Advanced editor and my content was lost. I changed my settings back to use only the classic editor, but now every time I open a page from my dashboard or browser to edit, it won't let me save any changes to the page I'm working on in French. I get the error "Updating Failed". The original page in English is fine.

I can't seem to style my pages in the Advanced Editor either.

To be honest this has been extremely frustrating. WPML crashed on my site the first time I made the change to the Advanced Editor which cost me development dollars to fix. I couldn't access any of my pages in English or French.

My entire site was translated using the classic editor. Help?

PS - I don't know what a duplicator package is below

August 30, 2019 at 6:46 pm #4488931
Leigh Cassell

I have WPML installed on my digitalhumanlibrary.org site and on digitalhumanlibrary.com - it's not working on either site. The first site it was installed on was .org

New threads created by Bigul and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-is-not-working-on-org-site/

August 31, 2019 at 8:47 am #4490469

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

The working of WPML Advanced Translation Editor is completely different from the Classic Translation Editor. So we will lose the translation if we move from one to another. And it will not be possible to import the contents from one editor to another.

The pages like About Us, Blog etc.. is showing the translations for me in the frontend. Please check the attached images and let me know your feedback.

You are using the older version of WPML(4.2.3). Please upgrade to the latest version of WPML(4.2.7.1) after a full site backup for the better performances.

Please note, I have opened a new ticket for the WPML is not working on .org site issue. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket. I will get back to you soon on the new ticket. Please wait. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 31, 2019 at 3:34 pm #4491237

Leigh Cassell

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!