If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Timothy 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
September 2, 2013 at 10:46 am #159803

Timothy

Hi,

I've currently set up my wordpress default language is Chinese TW. The plugins I am using should be the most updated plugins:
Woocommerce 2.0.13
Woocommerce Multilingual v2.9.9
WPML Media 1.6
WPML Multilingual CMS v2.9.2
WPML String Translation v1.7.2
WPML Translation Management v1.7.2

I added my products onto the Woocommerce Products section and when I click on view through the CMS it gives me a Error 404 Page. Would anyone be kind enough to help me out as it is very different from me from using English as the default language.

September 2, 2013 at 10:47 am #159804

Timothy

The link I see at the bottom of the browser is:
hidden link

It doesn't seem like it is the product being translated problem

September 2, 2013 at 1:46 pm #159870

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Dear Timothy,

Please click WPML > Support > Troubleshooting. Look for the block "Clean Up" and click "Set language information".

Please let me know if this solves the problem and if I can help with anything else.

Thank you.

September 2, 2013 at 2:05 pm #159877

Timothy

I tried both of Clean Up and Set Language Information and still doesn't work 🙁

September 3, 2013 at 7:25 pm #160463

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Dear Timothy,

The error only happens when WPML is enabled?

If you have not checked this, please disable it and check to see if your site will work properly.

Thank you,

September 4, 2013 at 10:27 am #160674

Timothy

Actually I think that cleanup did work but then I had to go back to the Permalink and re-save the permalink.

Thank you very much Bruno!