Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by teameK 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
June 7, 2018 at 9:21 am #2392313

teameK

Unable to fetch exchange rate. Connection failed

What is the link to your site? parabayo.com

Please resolve.

June 8, 2018 at 1:54 pm #2400270

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

This looks like there has been a change in the Fixer.io service. Our development team is aware of this.

According to the Fixer.io readme (hidden link):

>>> Fixer is still free! Although we now offer a set of premium plans for more advanced users, the basic API features (e.g. getting the latest and historical exchange rates) remain completely free of charge. Minor limitations include our new 1000 requests/month limit and EUR being the only available base currency for customers using a free account. If you need more than 1000 requests per month or want to use all 170 available base currencies, you’ll need to choose one of the paid plans starting at only $10 per month.

That is, this should work only if the base currency of your site is Euro. Please note that as this is an external service, we have no control over this service. You can still try to use the "Currency Layer" service.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

June 11, 2018 at 6:17 am #2404316

teameK

Thank you.