This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
July 19, 2019 at 2:38 am #4243175

Audrey-Ann Turcot

I am trying to: install WPML Multilingual CMS. It doesn't go through the installation and says: Can not copy the file.

July 19, 2019 at 7:07 am #4244375

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Have you tried installing WPML plugin manually? To do so, please follow the following steps.

-Backup your site completely.

-Delete the WPML plugin files at /wp-content/plugins/ directory

-Download fresh copies of WPML plugin from wpml.org

-Upload/unzip them to the plugin directory. ( /wp-content/plugins/ )

-Activate the plugin.

Does it help? Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Dennis

July 19, 2019 at 12:28 pm #4246447

Audrey-Ann Turcot

That's exactly what I did, and that's the result I got.

July 22, 2019 at 1:55 am #4253087

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to request temporary access (/wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. Your next reply will be set to private.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally to continue debugging and escalate if necessary. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Please confirm if this okay with you.

Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to BACKUP the site before providing us access.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Kind regards,
Dennis

July 31, 2019 at 2:37 pm #4315421

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello there,

As Dennis is not available i would like to take care of your case.

I've tried to access to your Dashobard but it is not available and you haven't shared your FTP details. Could you please edit your previous private message with that information?

Best regards,
Andrés

August 3, 2019 at 7:15 pm #4334997

Audrey-Ann Turcot

Hi Andrés

Thank you for your support.

There seems to have a problem with the website. Please keep the ticket open while I figure this out. I'll message back once it's settled.

Thanks!

August 5, 2019 at 5:11 am #4337875

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello there,

We will wait for your news.
Good luck!

Regards

The topic ‘[Closed] Unable to install WPML’ is closed to new replies.