Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.92 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
August 29, 2018 at 5:20 am #2684994

mikeE-8

I am trying to: change a translated page from public to private. the default lang. version is public, but the translation needs to be private.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: in the admin

I expected to see: change from public to private

Instead, I got: after clicking "update", page is still public.

August 29, 2018 at 1:31 pm #2686530

Bruno

Thank you for contacting us.

Please, click on the WPML > Settings > Posts and pages synchronization. Uncheck the "Synchronize private flag" option and click on the "Save" button.

Then try again to change the visibility of the page you want to Private and click on the "Update" button.

After following these steps, please let me know if it worked as expected.

Thank you.

August 29, 2018 at 6:06 pm #2687593

mikeE-8

Thanks Bruno, that works great. It may have been a new option added in the recent update.

August 29, 2018 at 8:02 pm #2687738

mikeE-8

Hi Bruno,

We just noticed the method you described didn't work. When we changed the translations to private, the default language version turned private.

Please advise

August 29, 2018 at 9:23 pm #2687916

Bruno

Hi,

Please, make sure to update all your WPML plugins and its add-ons. Also, does this happen after you unchecked the option mentioned above and tried to update the content again?

If so, please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins, switch to the default theme and see if the problem persists?

If the issue is resolved, enable your theme and try again. Then activate your plugins one by one to test. Note that I am suggesting this because in my testing environment this works correctly.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Unable to make translated page private’ is closed to new replies.